• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Those are all good questions. But being easy on crime kills innocents, too.

Example: Kate Steinle, a 32 year-old woman, was walking along Pier 14 in San Francisco, when she was killed by a felon who had stolen a gun from a federal ranger's truck. That felon was also an illegal alien who had previously been deported from the USA 5 times. Big ending: San Francisco set him free. Yup, he's wandering the streets of the USA right now. Democratic policies, keeping you in peril!

There are a million stories like Kate. What about Ibrahim Bouaichi, who raped a woman, then was released on bond, and he went and murdered the woman he had previously raped. Happy ending: as police were closing in on him about a month ago, he killed himself.

So I'll ask you your own question: how many innocents do you want killed, raped, beaten, robbed, etc, because we're being too easy on crime?

And yes, the noble answer is to say it's better that 1000 criminals go free than 1 innocent be convicted. Totally get it. Like I said, I'm working to get there someday, but I ain't there yet.
    I remember someone saying something about freedom or security...
    Lynx Defense

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I remember someone saying something about freedom or security...

Close, but yeah, I remember the one you're trying to reference. I think your memory might need a refresher, because Ben only had a problem with those who were trying to purchase a little temporary safety. He didn't have a problem with those out for justice.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    You need to explain that.
    How do you have truth without facts. Or facts that are not truth.
    Not made up statistical facts or half the story facts that only tell half the truth.
    Facts and truth go hand in hand. But only if you have all the facts and all the truth.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Watching a cooking show tonight. One of the judges said the dish needed more salt. The contestant said that is not true. In my own experience I've had meals with friends where I thought the dish needed more seasoning but my friends did not. Which is true? Which is fact?

Not directing the response at you. Just quoting for the true/ fact conversation.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Watching a cooking show tonight. One of the judges said the dish needed more salt. The contestant said that is not true. In my own experience I've had meals with friends where I thought the dish needed more seasoning but my friends did not. Which is true? Which is fact?

Not directing the response at you. Just quoting for the true/ fact conversation.

IMO, those are subjective opinions based upon personal preferences. Not facts or truth.

Who decides what amount of salt is adequate?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

Depending on preference, both. Unless one is telling a lie.
    I know what truth is, and I know what it isn't.
    Y'all find your own truth. Or what you are willing to accept as such.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I do. The dish needs more salt. That is fact and truth.
    That is opinion - yours - and you're entitled to it. But you're not entitled to make your opinion an action item for me. I'm speaking in general here but folks seem to think, or not, that opinions are matters of fact when in fact they're not. The statement should have been"The dish may need seasoning to suit." The judge in the show was guilty of two things. He did not complete his sentence "The dish needs more salt - to suit me!" and he presented his opinion as fact.

And just so we're all on the same page.... The above is my opinion and has no basis in fact nor fiction to anyone other than me!

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Close, but yeah, I remember the one you're trying to reference. I think your memory might need a refresher, because Ben only had a problem with those who were trying to purchase a little temporary safety. He didn't have a problem with those out for justice.
    From what I read, you were talking about temporary safety from one scary bad guy or another.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    14b21148de67ae0ef826a846bb5bb8e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    the Fact is the judge thinks it needs more salt so the Truth is if you want to win you best believe in the judges Fact of the matter.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The suspense is killing me

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
    Baking Soda
    Baking soda, or sodium bicarbonate, serves many uses, not least as a leavener in various baked goods. When you put baking soda together with acid, such as vinegar, cream of tartar, yogurt, buttermilk, lemon juice or cocoa, carbon dioxide is released. This chemical reaction causes batter to expand and rise. Baking soda also acts as a leavening agent when exposed to temperatures above 180°F (82°C). So what are all the different uses for baking soda?

Top Bottom