• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Did the Hearne thing make headlines in DFW or do you just read Ranger headlines? It was mentioned a few times in The Eagle like you posted but that’s our local paper. Hearne has had a lot of problems recently.
    Hurley's Gold

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I am not doubting because I don't know, but you seem sure, and I'd like to know. Is there a law in the Government code that allows the him to order the Rangers to investigate?

TGC 411.0207 established the Public Corruption unit and gave the mission to the Rangers. That mission relates to organized crime and elected or appointed officials, their employees, or LEOs.

I don’t think this case has yet to cross into organized crime activities as defined, so it would have to agency request for now, I think.

But that’s based on my layman’s interpretation of the code.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Did the Hearne thing make headlines in DFW or do you just read Ranger headlines? It was mentioned a few times in The Eagle like you posted but that’s our local paper. Hearne has had a lot of problems recently.

It did. Many folks know about Hearne and that East Texas town that has been TFing people for decades.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    No article yet but one of the Houston area reporters posted this on facebook. I wonder if they were just claiming to see guns as justification for no-knocks.

https://www.facebook.com/KHOUJeremyRogalski/photos/a.376858549007523/2620641184629237/
    EXCLUSIVE: KHOU11 Investigates past cases of embattled Houston Police officer Gerald Goines. In more than 100 drug cases, he claimed an informant saw guns inside suspected drug-dealing homes. But ZERO guns were seized as evidence in those cases.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    On the news just now, 1400 cases involving the officer who lied to get the search warrant will be possibly investigated.
    A classic tough scenario - how many criminals can potentially walk vs. a wrongfully convicted person.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    According to the article, in the 109 cases in the last 7 years no guns were entered into evidence. Even if the guy was lying about guns to claim as justification for a no-knock, I would think that he would have seized at least some by random chance. I'm thinking this guy (and his people) were selling any guns they found on the black market.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/i...ants/285-13b94210-449c-4406-b843-f24a45c814ce

Top Bottom