Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Uh, guys, Scott is communicating with MadMike from SS. I spoke out of turn when I assumed a specific time so let's wait to hear what happens between those two.
    Lynx Defense

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'll try and call em to find out about 7.62x54r.
    Just a note - I have never asked SS about an exception to the rules and where I know the rules can be bent they certainly won't commit to bend them to a voice over the phone.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    We have a lot of cci 22 lr $4.99 for 50
    These days, that's a good enough deal for me to start buying again. Where is it and is it standard vel cci, plastic or cardboard box, any chance you have any subsonic?

The preceding really wasn't a sentence, was it? ;)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Ben - I have a 500-rd. brick of Remington subsonic HP. I'll swap you for a brick of standard rounds if you like.
    Thanks for the offer but I really can't commit right now. I have a new, full-custom 1911 .22 bullseye gun that should be delivered soon and the 'smith is trying to tune it for CCI subsonic. These things can be really finicky. I'm sure I'll try other brands in the future just to see if they work but not until after delivery and break-in.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Oooohhh... new toy! Any chance you'll have it by the meet?
    Not a chance. Sorry. Believe me, I'll show it off as soon as I can.

It will have a Caspian frame and Marvel upper fitted to each other and no other, along with an Aimpoint Micro H-1. IOW, it's a pretty standard piece for Conventional Pistol but it's coming from a very well-respected 'smith (one of the few who is reputed to be able to competently do a roll trigger) and I expect it to be great fun.

A little OT, here, btw. If you want more info, shoot me a PM. Of course, per another thread I just started, I'm going to be out of touch for most of next day or two or three.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Speaking of .22 stuff, I finally received the BX-25 mags I ordered from Ruger in April. I bought five, and I'm thinking of selling two of them for $30 ea. Maybe trade for ammo, depending on what y'all have.

Last edited:

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I am thinking this will be 27th at Shooters Station as soon as they open(10am). Last time they let us in a little early to do a range safety run through, which I am always for that. Lunch to follow at venue of you guys choice. Chuck E Cheese did sound kind of funny, but I'm not married to that idea.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    You guys just talk right, never actually make a decision. Like going somewhere with my wife. Are wives invited? I may be busy.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    You guys just talk right, never actually make a decision. Like going somewhere with my wife. Are wives invited? I may be busy.

We used to just call it and go. So many people bitch and moan about the date, time, or place though that I think the ringleaders are usually a bit hesitant to call it really quickly.

Wives are welcome and kids have come before as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom