• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonClaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2019
    Texas
    When I was young & living in apartment I bought some burglar mist.
    https://www.burglarbomb.com/products/#!/Burglar-Bomb-AB-2000/p/82534141/category=0
    After a long day partying I set it off in my apartment accidentally. I ended up having to move out. Overtime the A/C came on I'd get teary eyed.

My friend used some mace once outside and I ate some fruit rollups. I couldn't figure out why they were so spicy, I read the box and they weren't some weird flavor. I kept tasting it, my eyes would hurt when I rubbed them, I was trying to save my tongue with milk, etc. . I thought I was losing it.

Then it dawned on me.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Uhhh, the Sherrifs department would be more likely to respond and they're probaby 10 minutes? Department is probaby 15. Not too terrible but we're not in the city.

But you're thinking of moving into a metro area. Right?
    It's been said. Insurance. Record your serial numbers and fortify the best you can. Don't say nothing to nobody about your belongings. Period.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I agree with the cheap safe in the corner of a closet lag bolted into the studs. Don't ask permission. When you move, use some white caulk (or whatever color the walls are painted and fill the holes so it's harder to see. If you're really worried, pull the bulb from the closet light so it's harder to see the repaired holes.

If you're too scared to do that, get a cheap safe and set it out where it's visible. Fill it full of heavy stuff and let them carry it off. Keep your guns spread out and hidden in other places. If they grab the safe, they're likely not going to spend time digging around looking for other stuff. Maybe even leave a 2 wheel dolly out in the next room to make it easier for them not to steal the good stuff.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Yeah, putting a few reasonably sized lag bolts into a couple of studs won't cost you your deposit in an apartment. Just don't bust out a wall or anything, and cover the holes with some caulk and a dab of paint when you move out. A reasonably priced safe firmly affixed to the wall will deter most attempts at theft, and if they pry the safe (or even security cabinet) out of the wall, well there's not much you can do about that. And definitely make sure you hide the fact that you're moving guns in - conceal them in boxes or bundles of laundry or something. Make sure you're never going to or from your car with anything that can be ID'd as a gun case or range bag. Apartments are magnets for burglars, and you should always assume you're being watched and sized up as a target.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    On an appliance dolly wrapped in a blanket whose to know?

This. If moving other furniture in, most casual lookey-loos aren't going to notice when done without any fuss. Not sure about other RSC's, but the Stack Ons have it so the door comes off. Makes it a bit easier to move.

And I know it's been said, but I'll say it again.... Set up some sort of security system as well. One with cameras and motion detection with instant notification to a smart phone.

J-gunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    Northlake, TX
    True, but the handles can be removed and replaced if needed. With the bottom layer filled with ammo, no handles and a piece of plywood attached to the bottom I think it's a good, cheap alternative to a traditional safe.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    True, but the handles can be removed and replaced if needed. With the bottom layer filled with ammo, no handles and a piece of plywood attached to the bottom I think it's a good, cheap alternative to a traditional safe.
    I understand the appeal. At 150 plus tax ops better off getting a cheap 99 dollar stack on and as others mentioned, lagging into wall studs is easy.

Also op, do it man. Throw a safe in a closet. I have patched up walls and ceilings without looking different from the rest of the wall. It’s an easy art. I’d even help you. They would never know.

As mentioned I deleted my op as mentioned but seems I’m not the only member that thinks this way. :cool:

Top Bottom