• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Oh. What about just a really heavy regular safe? My dad's safe's aren't bolted, I think...
    Most people’s aren’t. However most people have a house, adt, extra locks or other added protection. Reality is we can bolt a safe down and do all these other things but think of it as hurdles for burglars. How many things do they have to go threw to get your guns vs the time it takes for them to spend too much time trying to get into something and the attention their target is getting. Such as breaking into an apartment with a none bolted safe vs a house with adt going off, neighbors dogs barking, then committing to moving a safe or getting into it.
    DK Firearms

DragonClaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2019
    Texas
    That's the best bet if not bolted down.
    Anything less than a couple hundred pounds is just a carrying case with your valuables already packed.

I mean, it takes like 5-6 people to move it. I thought that's like the only kind of safes there were. Any features to avoid on a safe?

DragonClaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2019
    Texas
    Most people’s aren’t. However most people have a house, adt, extra locks or other added protection. Reality is we can bolt a safe down and do all these other things but think of it as hurtles for burglars. How many things do they have to go threw to get your guns vs the time it takes for them to spend too much time trying to get into something and the attention their target is getting. Such as breaking into an apartment with a none bolted safe vs a house with adt going off, neighbors dogs barking, then committing to moving a safe or getting into it.

I'm debating taking my dog. He's about 85 lbs and very barky and protective, but I guess my parents will need another dog to protect the chickens and critters.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I'm debating taking my dog. He's about 85 lbs and very barky and protective, but I guess my parents will need another dog to protect the chickens and critters.
    Be aware almost all property management has aggressive breed bs rules. It’s out of hand. On the flip side when you go to work and he’s alone is he causing too much noise? Also his health and such being cooped up like that. Just my two cents

DragonClaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2019
    Texas
    Be aware almost all property management has aggressive breed bs rules. It’s out of hand. On the flip side when you go to work and he’s alone is he causing too much noise? Also his health and such being cooped up like that. Just my two cents

Yeah, I know. I love him a lot. He's my child. But gets 1.5 acres and then a few hundred (when we go out on the property) to roam. He lives to bark at slow moving vehicles, rattling trailers and yotes. I give him my deer legs in November. He's very good with the animals, when the gate is accidentally open, he doesn't leave. He breaks up fights between the birds and critters peacefully (he barks and gets between the two until they disperse).

I don't know if I could take him. He's so good at his job.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Yeah, I know. I love him a lot. He's my child. But gets 1.5 acres and then a few hundred (when we go out on the property) to roam. He lives to bark at slow moving vehicles, rattling trailers and yotes. I give him my deer legs in November. He's very good with the animals, when the gate is accidentally open, he doesn't leave. He breaks up fights between the birds and critters peacefully (he barks and gets between the two until they disperse).

I don't know if I could take him. He's so good at his job.
    From the sounds of it, I’d leave him where he is and go visit him every chance you get.

DragonClaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2019
    Texas
    Here he is.

Attachments

• 20190508_062205.jpg
      20190508_062205.jpg
      2.1 MB · Views: 254
    • 20190508_062205.jpg
      20190508_062205.jpg
      2.1 MB · Views: 222

DragonClaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2019
    Texas
    So are you planning on living in an apartment? Drive around the place when most people should be at work. If the parking lot is full of older shitty rides & oil stain on the pavement don't move there!

I've got no idea. I hope to move after I get my EMTB and finished the NREMT. Not sure what kind of income I'm looking at (varies greatly by place) so I'm not sure what's within my means yet. I have to consider an apartment.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Would you know what's reasonable for 4 long guns and like 6 pistols? Something similar?

One of the golden rules of safe buying is always buy larger than what you need (now).
    I really think that you should leave the majority of your guns at home.
    No need to have them all in an apartment, it sounds like you can shoot on your property, that's where all but maybe your EDC should stay for now.

DragonClaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2019
    Texas
    One of the golden rules of safe buying is always buy larger than what you need (now).
    I really think that you should leave the majority of your guns at home.
    No need to have them all in an apartment, it sounds like you can shoot on your property, that's where all but maybe your EDC should stay for now.

Growing up... yep. Watching dad do the Balancing "need more guns to fill the safe" and "need a bigger safe" was a thing.

I'll sleep on it. I've got time.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    I'm going to be moving out of the nest soon (3-6 months?) and will no longer have access to the parental unit's safe. I've got my AR, my .22 rifle, my LCP II and my 92FS.

I don't have a lot of capital for a safe.

Supposing you're not allowed to bolt things to the wall, what do I do?

Oh lord, you have an aresenal by leftists standards. The ATF might wanna talk with you.

No money for safe, can not bolt stuff to wall? You better keep most of that stuff with your parental unit.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

DragonClaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2019
    Texas
    Oh lord, you have an aresenal by leftists standards. The ATF might wanna talk with you.

No money for safe, can not bolt stuff to wall? You better keep most of that stuff with your parental unit.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Yeah. And it only goes up from there. XD
    ATF should be the name of a mom and pop store .

Though, it's probaby never going to happen, but that robbery where the guy won 1V5 with his AK (I'm sure if I asked, dad would give me one of his). That is a little inspiring to keep a long gun.

Edit: I won't take anything I can't secure properly, somehow.

IT4me

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2019
    By the River, under a tree
    Tractor Supply 9 gun Winchester safe ~$400, cut 3/4" plywood - sized to fit bottom of closet floor, bolt safe to plywood . plywood keeps safe from being easily moved from closet, maybe even add to back of safe too. keep necessity's with you, remainder at parents . Safe in corner to limit access to door from crowbar.

Top Bottom