Target Sports

"Girly-drinks" that taste good. Should I be embarrassed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    If ever there was an aphrodisiac I think Green Chartruse is it. I been drinking Swamp Water (Green Chartruse, Roses lime juice & pineapple juice 41 years. Every women I ever drank it with was as pleased with the results. Drink a whole bottle & never been hung over.

A few years back I read about
    • Gin
    • Luxardo Marsachino Liquor
    • green chartreuse
    • lime juice
    That combination is more like narcotics then booze!

....and your recipe?
    Texas SOT

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Swamp water in a quart jar
    Jar full of ice
    3 second pour of Green Chartruse over ice
    2 second pour of Roses lime juice
    pinapple juice & stir

Green Chartruse aint for everybody! Fist you have to find it then it very expensive. Then the taste is at best aftershave as it's a botonical. Every women I ever drank it with I got naked with. A whole bottle of green 2 cans of pineapple juice & a standard bottle of Roses will do it for what always was a very enjoyable evening. And the next morning I was never hung over.

The cocktail with the chartruse, Luxardo, gin & lime juce is equal parts shaken over ice. You might not finish a double.

Seeing as getting good absinthes is a matter of smuggling save that drink for when your in Switzerland or France.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    An ex-girlfriend of left a unopened bottle of Fireball cinnamon whisky several months ago in my freezer. Is the general opinion of this stuff any good or should I toss it? I saw a brief mention earlier of using cinnamon whisky with apple cider so that sounds like it might be good as I like apple cider with cinnamon.
    Its highly popular with some of the crowd I run with. They usually drink it straight in a frosty shot glass. Never heard of anybody mixing stuff with it. It tastes like Hot Dam flavor Schnapps and Red Arrow Tooth Ache medicine to me. Did hear it contained propylene glycol..aka low toxic anti freeze. I told folks about that but they dont care. Its 2.25 per shot at the pool hall in beautiful down town Watuaga TX tomorrow for two buck crown and down day. They had to add a quarter for taxes.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/texas-billiards-watauga

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Straight is pretty rough for those who have no clue to it's effects. On the rocks so as the ice melts you get different taste. Mixed with real Absinthe & the green fairy lives!

To be honest I usually only ever drink it neat unless I forget to ask. Aftershave is a good way to describe the sensation lol, but in a good way.

Are these mixed drinks something obscure or are they something a bartender who stocks chartreuse would know how to make? I hardly ever drink and don’t see myself ever keeping a personal stash. I rarely ever drink outside of bars the few times I ever go.

Also cool fact, the color chartreuse is actually named after the drink. It’s been around since the 1700’s and is made by Carthusian monks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have very seldom seen either Chartruses in bar or liquor stores for that matter. Then again I'm not out night living it up in your high trendy places. I was turned on to Swamp Water listening to a buddies older brother talking about its effects on the ladies. The one with the Chartruse, gin, lime juice & Luxombardo I read about & drank it @ home one new years eve. The one with Absinthes I drank in europe.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    To be honest I usually only ever drink it neat unless I forget to ask. Aftershave is a good way to describe the sensation lol, but in a good way.

Are these mixed drinks something obscure or are they something a bartender who stocks chartreuse would know how to make? I hardly ever drink and don’t see myself ever keeping a personal stash. I rarely ever drink outside of bars the few times I ever go.

Also cool fact, the color chartreuse is actually named after the drink. It’s been around since the 1700’s and is made by Carthusian monks.

IIRC 180 alpine botanicals are what gives it its flavor.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Just rememberd one "girly drink" that I like alot.

Had a 1985 Margarita at Glorias one day. It was hot in August, sitting on the patio. It was a very tasty margarita, so I inquired about it.

Its made using St Germaine's liquor, which is made in France from Elderberry flowers. It even smells good.

I like a good margarita, and in the hot months I buy a bottle of that stuff to make margaritas with. Made a bucket of margaritas for a birthday gathering recently with the St Germaines. Everyone thought they were the best I had made in many moons.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    That will work. The salt clinging to a licked thumb webbing also works. That’s how we done it up at Whiskeyta Falls in the 60s right before the fights broke out.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I like a nice glass of good single malt. There's a few blended whiskey's and scotches, but not many. I can drink a decent vodka, like stolichnaya, and sprite. I also like a good strong gin Martini

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I have very seldom seen either Chartruses in bar or liquor stores for that matter. Then again I'm not out night living it up in your high trendy places. I was turned on to Swamp Water listening to a buddies older brother talking about its effects on the ladies. The one with the Chartruse, gin, lime juice & Luxombardo I read about & drank it @ home one new years eve. The one with Absinthes I drank in europe.

You’d be surprised. IIRC, so far I’ve only found it at two bars, one being a bar in Bozeman Montana, and that was yellow. And speaking of high trendy places, the other was at bar on the roof of a downtown Houston hotel. They had green.

Specs, if you have any wherever you are, keeps bottles of various types of it for sale, at least the big original location here in Houston. I was introduced to it by a friend who was buying a bottle for his home stash while I was there with him, but no, we didn’t get naked after

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Had it not been for a "certain seductive female MD" & her fondness for Cherry Herring (We often drank a liter of it every night in bed.), I might not have ended up as a friend of Bill for 30+ years.

yours, satx

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I generally like a good Bourbon or an Irish Whiskey. I'm also a fan of lemon juice and gin (wet, I'm not a fan of dry) if I'm in the mood for shots.

I will drink a screwdriver or a mango daiquiri and not give a damn who sees me drink it though, that stuff is good!

Other than some Ales, I can't stand the taste of beer. Tastes like water downed horse piss.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You’d be surprised. IIRC, so far I’ve only found it at two bars, one being a bar in Bozeman Montana, and that was yellow. And speaking of high trendy places, the other was at bar on the roof of a downtown Houston hotel. They had green.

Specs, if you have any wherever you are, keeps bottles of various types of it for sale, at least the big original location here in Houston. I was introduced to it by a friend who was buying a bottle for his home stash while I was there with him, but no, we didn’t get naked after

I tried to have a bottle picked up by one of my employees for another birthday. She couldn't remember Green Chartruse & thought I said something gin. Ended up with a bottle go Bobmay Saphire. Yellow aint as potent as green. The birthday bottle was meant for the employee & her new boyfriend!

91B10

HATES: Politicians and Rust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2015
    South Texas
    Im addicted to the New Orlean's version of the "French 75" which will hit you like the artillery its named for... but it tastes like a girly drink. Like a Makers Mark whiskey sour now and again too!
    And its not a purse its a Man-bag dammit!

dmh

dmh
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Huntsville,TX
    View attachment 165215

Helped all day moving a buddy's man-cave stuff. Bought a new house.
    1,000 lb. safe. We rented a dolly and risked our lives.
    5 trailer loads of stuff to his new abode.

Impulse buy at Total-Wine checkout was the girly flavored vodka.
    We did drink some serious IPAs and a couple of shared Imperial Russian Stouts.
    Then we hit the vodka.

Still.
    The "Organic grapefruit and organic Cylon cinnamon" craft vodka tastes pretty damn good. We drank half+ the bottle.

Should I be ashamed of drinking girly drinks???
    At worst the foo-foo vodka might even be considered a liberal drink. Horrors.
    I think you are OK, as long as your mascara doesn't run ...
    Seriously, drink what you want. I drink Bacardi white with 7-Up, which some think odd until they try it.

Top Bottom