Hurley's Gold

"Girly-drinks" that taste good. Should I be embarrassed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    When I'm cleaning up the bar area on the morning after, if there is any 7up or ginger ale, I'll make myself a Shirley Temple just to bring a little bit of wholesomeness back into my life before the next train wreck.
    DK Firearms

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    An ex-girlfriend of left a unopened bottle of Fireball cinnamon whisky several months ago in my freezer. Is the general opinion of this stuff any good or should I toss it? I saw a brief mention earlier of using cinnamon whisky with apple cider so that sounds like it might be good as I like apple cider with cinnamon.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    An ex-girlfriend of left a unopened bottle of Fireball cinnamon whisky several months ago in my freezer. Is the general opinion of this stuff any good or should I toss it? I saw a brief mention earlier of using cinnamon whisky with apple cider so that sounds like it might be good as I like apple cider with cinnamon.

Try it and see if you like it.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I don’t drink beer and low shelf wiskey is for girly men.

I had to laugh when I read this...I once worked with a guy who used to complain that his boyfriend was a whiskey snob and always spent way too much ordering expensive bourbons when Buffalo Trace was my coworker’s favorite “go to” brand.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Green or yellow Chartreuse, the occasional Arnold Palmer mixed with Deep Eddy vodka. Maybe an old fashioned.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I had to laugh when I read this...I once worked with a guy who used to complain that his boyfriend was a whiskey snob and always spent way too much ordering expensive bourbons when Buffalo Trace was my coworker’s favorite “go to” brand.

Lotta shit wrong here

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Well, I don’t have a boyfriend, never have and never will, so I don’t quite know how to respond.

I enjoy No. 7. Is it a high shelf whiskey? No, but it goes great with Dr Pepper, I call it a Dr Jack. Similar to a Jack and Coke, but more educated and well read. For a phenomenal whiskey I enjoy Green Spot. Having said that, the recent Texas whiskeys and bourbons are phenomenal also.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Well, I don’t have a boyfriend, never have and never will, so I don’t quite know how to respond.

I enjoy No. 7. Is it a high shelf whiskey? No, but it goes great with Dr Pepper, I call it a Dr Jack. Similar to a Jack and Coke, but more educated and well read. For a phenomenal whiskey I enjoy Green Spot. Having said that, the recent Texas whiskeys and bourbons are phenomenal also.

My neighbor introduced me to Seagram's 7 and Dr Pepper many years ago. My wife calls it Dr Seagram's. It's become a mainstay for me when drinking at home.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I has a nice warm burn. I wish more places stocked it.

If ever there was an aphrodisiac I think Green Chartruse is it. I been drinking Swamp Water (Green Chartruse, Roses lime juice & pineapple juice 41 years. Every women I ever drank it with was as pleased with the results. Drink a whole bottle & never been hung over.

A few years back I read about
    • Gin
    • Luxardo Marsachino Liquor
    • green chartreuse
    • lime juice
    That combination is more like narcotics then booze!

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Never tried it mixed with anything else, but if I ever get around to another place that stocks it I might try that out.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Never tried it mixed with anything else, but if I ever get around to another place that stocks it I might try that out.

Straight is pretty rough for those who have no clue to it's effects. On the rocks so as the ice melts you get different taste. Mixed with real Absinthe & the green fairy lives!

Top Bottom