• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpolk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Waco, Texas
    Good information. I have never owned a Glock because they don't feel good in my hand. Great guns but I just dont like the fit in my hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

sisco50

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2014
    Some people don't like mouse guns for the caliber as well as the small grip but I can say that my Rorbaugh R9s works really well for me in a Crossbreed Minituck Holster. Small, single stack, dependable and high quality all rolled into one pistol. The XD-s compact .45 acp single stack is nice for a larger pistol/cal. I am breaking in a new Crossbreed Minituck for this one now. Handguns are a lot like cars to me... that's why there are so many different models of both. :) Get what works for you but it may take a while. I started with a .32 Seecamp and am up to the .45 XD-s now. Had a lot of fun getting from point A to point B and wont say how much time and money was spent in between. lol

cjvibe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    I carry a Smith & Shield Shield 9mm in a IWB holster just about everyday and love the gun. It is lightweight/easy to carry, and I know I shoot it well.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I carry a Smith & Shield Shield 9mm in a IWB holster just about everyday and love the gun. It is lightweight/easy to carry, and I know I shoot it well.
    I'm still carrying in an empty holster unless I'm in my truck or on the gun range. My experience is that the holster is more comfortable with my shield in it. I can't shoot this gun as good as I want but I can't imagine anything being better.

I can't stress enough to shoot this thing if your looking for an edc gun. I could say the same about an XDS because they feel the same in your hand, but I haven't shot an XDS and I want to right now.

mpolk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Waco, Texas
    That's why I carry the Sig 938. Feels and shoots great. I also carry a Ruger SR9C. Best shooting gun i own. Just a little big somedays. I use Remora holsters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Bulldog7906

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2014
    San Antonio
    My everyday carry, for most part, is my full size 1911 45acp in either a Blackhawk Serpa or Center Point Holster IWB

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends." John 15:13 NKJV

xmattedgex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    If you like the way the XDS feels, get it, it's a great gun. I personally carry a shield, but if I hadn't gotten my hands on a shield, i would have gotten the XDS.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    If you like the way the XDS feels, get it, it's a great gun. I personally carry a shield, but if I hadn't gotten my hands on a shield, i would have gotten the XDS.
    I still haven't shot an xds. It handled the same as the shield to me. I still wanna shoot one. I looked at the lc9 but the trigger was a deal breaker compared to the xds and shield. If I could fit a 1911 on me I'd carry one. I think the shield is the biggest I can carry every day.
    My wife has a LCR and I love the way it tucks. Really sold carry gun and a good da trigger for a revolver.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I've been carrying for 4 days with the safety off. I just checked it and the safety was on. I'd heard of this happening.

Its a huge deal. I saw it so I reached it and pushed the lever back down. Tons of wasted effort. Probably for nothing. Such a fatal flaw

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    M&P Shield 9mm.

The safety put its self back on again. I noticed when I got back home after work. I've been training to swipe it off with my thumb as I pull it from the holster and pull it up.

Because of the holster? Is it rubbing against the holster or just your movements ajar the safety? Look into this because as you know its a big concern...

One of the reasons I carry a glock is because of the lack of external safety...

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Because of the holster? Is it rubbing against the holster or just your movements ajar the safety? Look into this because as you know its a big concern...

One of the reasons I carry a glock is because of the lack of external safety...
    The safety actually sticks out if the holster. It rubs on my skin a little. I guess I am putting it on moving around.

yang.jackson

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2014
    It is a myth that 1911s are 'too big to carry'. It is complete and utter nonsense. I carry 100% of the time. And my summer time gun us a 1911. Why? Because I shoot really well with it, I trained with it at Gunsite Academy, it's one OG the thinnest handguns out there, and I plain love 1911s. Salty, I have a bunch of 1911s, but I have two that were made for carry. Alloy officer frames with steel officer and commander sized frames. Perfect for carry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    It is a myth that 1911s are 'too big to carry'. It is complete and utter nonsense. I carry 100% of the time. And my summer time gun us a 1911. Why? Because I shoot really well with it, I trained with it at Gunsite Academy, it's one OG the thinnest handguns out there, and I plain love 1911s. Salty, I have a bunch of 1911s, but I have two that were made for carry. Alloy officer frames with steel officer and commander sized frames. Perfect for carry.

Exactly, what he said! ^^^^ I carry the small Defender (alloy frame, 3" barrel, etc.). Very comfortable, very thin, and very easy to conceal. I carry it most of the time in an IWB holster so if I wanted to carry a 1911 with a longer barrel, it wouldn't make a bit of difference as far as concealing.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Recently I've been carrying my full size CZ85 Combat more often than my compact CZ75 PCR...

195e9d7934ff9e0e2c0ec2b86d78d278.jpg

Last edited:

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Sounds like you're in the need of a fine P7. A P7 will make most trigger snobs happy. Buy once, cry once.

Yup, P7's Rock!

Not just the trigger, but how the squeeze cocker acts as your safety and slide release, which makes it VERY fast!

Folks don't get it till...they get it.

Top Bottom