• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JonFTC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Fort Collins, CO
    Saltyag,

What generation of GLocks were you shooting at the range? Have you had a chance to try out one of the Gen 4 models yet? I noticed a big difference in how much more comfortable and natural the Gen 4's feel when I'm shooting them than the Gen 3's and prior. I'm also more accurate with the new Gen 4's.

mpolk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Waco, Texas
    I have gone with the Remora No-Clip holster exclusively. Been carrying in them with several guns for 3 years now. Most comfortable holster I have found.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Saltyag,

What generation of GLocks were you shooting at the range? Have you had a chance to try out one of the Gen 4 models yet? I noticed a big difference in how much more comfortable and natural the Gen 4's feel when I'm shooting them than the Gen 3's and prior. I'm also more accurate with the new Gen 4's.
    I've shot mostly 3G and 4g. I've never shot a 4g without the original blackstrap and the grip angle makes me point high.
    Once I adjust for the grip angle I shoot them well. They don't point naturally for me like a 1911, 22/45 or shield.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I have gone with the Remora No-Clip holster exclusively. Been carrying in them with several guns for 3 years now. Most comfortable holster I have found.

I could never get used to those remora holsters. Never seemed to sit correctly inside my waistband...

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I just broke the gun down for cleaning and it was very oily.

I sprayed it it with my new m pro7 cleaner, inside of frame, slide, barrel and guide rod and let it soak then brushed it down and re-oiled with m pro7 lube and reassembled.

Any1 try this lube or cleaner (M Pro7)?
    Ill compare it to the break free CLP I usually buy. I wanted to switch to Slip2000 after I ran out last time but couldn't find it at the gun stores so I decided to give this a try.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I just broke the gun down for cleaning and it was very oily.

I sprayed it it with my new m pro7 cleaner, inside of frame, slide, barrel and guide rod and let it soak then brushed it down and re-oiled with m pro7 lube and reassembled.

Any1 try this lube or cleaner (M Pro7)?
    Ill compare it to the break free CLP I usually buy. I wanted to switch to Slip2000 after I ran out last time but couldn't find it at the gun stores so I decided to give this a try.
    M-Pro 7 Products Review ? First Impressions | Minute of Angle

M-Pro7 Gun Oil LPX - MPro7

M-Pro7 Gun Cleaner - MPro7

Rattler60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    Neither one of mine were, even after multiple trips back to Kimber and work by my Smith.

I suggest you look at the Kahr line of pistols.

I recently picked up a Glock 42 but a haven't shot it yet. It feels really nice. If the come out with a 9mm version next year, it will be a winner.

The shield and XDs are too large for comfortable pocket carry IMO.

The LCR trigger is light years better than any other DAO hammer less revolver that I have shot.

Don't do as previous poster said and clean the gunk out first. You do NOT do this with a Glock.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Wut?

Why would you not clean shipping grease out if the gun before shooting?

What negative effect could it have?

mpolk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Waco, Texas
    Don't do as previous poster said and clean the gunk out first. You do NOT do this with a Glock.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Are you kidding? Maybe it's not necessary, but it would certainly not be a problem. I am a retired gunsmith and I would never shoot a new gun without first, properly cleaning and lubing it.

Rattler60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    Are you kidding? Maybe it's not necessary, but it would certainly not be a problem. I am a retired gunsmith and I would never shoot a new gun without first, properly cleaning and lubing it.
    This is one time the common wisdom is wrong. A Glock comes new from the factory with a coat of gold colored break-in lubricant that should be left in place until you've shot it at least 500 rounds. Then clean and re-lube following directions in the owner's manual. Source Glock Armorer's manual and Glock owners manual.
    Per Glock the gold colored lubricant is used to break in the slide properly. I just go by the instructions provided by the manufacturer. All other guns I clean before shooting. But not a new Glock.

Rattler60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    Page 37 of the Glock manual under "Cleaning and Field stripping the pistol" (revised edition 8/99)

Quote " Note that the copper colored lubricant found on portions of the slide of brand new GLOCK pistols should not be removed as it will help to provide long term lubrication of the slide."

I have read somewhere else you should allow it to stay there for at least 300-500 rounds.
    You can clean em. Just per Glock your not supposed to remove the Gold colored grease as it is used to break in the slide. It has some kind of abrasive in it from what I've read. I always clean the barrel and shoot a Glock a few hundred rounds then clean per Glocks instructions. That's why I disagreed with the previous posters instructions for the guy with the G42 to clean "the gunk out" as "the gunk" has a purpose.

Rattler60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    I'm trying to find where it was posted about a Glock rep. who said the gold grease is a lapping compound that is used to smooth out any rough spots on the slide, but am not finding it. Just have been told by more than one Glock armorer to not remove it on a new Glock.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom