• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    EVE is cool and all, def dig the graphics and ship designs, but imho its more for the accountant types, for pilots who are all about realtime pvp and fps style gameplay, Vendetta Online cant be beat. Graphics arent as smooth and the ships arent as cool, but quality of gameplay is far superior.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    BEWARE... Eve is very addicting and can get quite expensive. I have 5 accounts and have been playing for over 6 years. It has something for everyone and what attracts me is how it mirrors my favorite parts of life. You work hard to make money to buy new cool stuff that blows things up.. :)

Be careful, the higher the sec status of the system the more "code of conduct" type stuff you will run into. I have spent most of my 6 years in 0.0 space so we just fight each other and blow up their stuff.

Nothing is cooler than being in a fight that literally has over 1000 people all over the world participating in it.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    wow, didnt realize there were this amny eve guys on here. awesome.

i am CEO and founder fo Corbomite Enterprises.

a small operation with many thumbs in many pies.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm a new player to EVE, myself. I've been playing for about a week, I have around 300,000SP on my main. I'm interested in piracy and trade in nullsec, so does anyone's Corp or Alliance hold soverignty in 0.0 space anywhere where I can be free to roam around the system/region and mine or assist with gate camping or what have you?

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Most space holding 0.0 corps are going to have about a 10million SP minimum as that is about what you need to 1. be able to fly and fit ships that will benefit yourself and the corp/alliance, and 2. have gained the experience you need to get by in 0.0.

I basically have 2 main's one for capital ships with 92ish million SP (eveboard - gerny Halak) that I am working on putting in an Avatar, and my main PVP toon that also has 92ish million SP (eveboard - Biglucky) and can fly and properly T2 fit almost every subcapital ship for all races.

I have been involved in pretty much every aspect of the game at one point or time, there is something for everyone. I have done politics, mining, industry, and now I just like to blow shit up.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I wish I had gotten into the game years ago.

In other MMOs I've played I have always been a part of (or led) the BoB or Goonsquad type of guild for the server that I'm on.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Most do. :)

SAY HELLO TO THE BAD GUY.

Argh, I've got Gallente Frigates 4 and Calmari Frigates 3 but now I'm thinking I want to focus on a Rifter for a long time for learning the ins and outs of PvP, so I'm probably gonna pick up Minmatar when I get home. >_>

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I have always fought against the BoB and Goon's in Eve.

+1

who do you fly with?

and clockwork look up GFTF aka Guy Fawkes Trust Fund good guys. they used to run Wormhole ops and had some lowsec interests.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Wolfwood,

I have been flying with Vanguard Frontiers for almost 5 years other than a 6ish month break to do some roaming small gang PVP with friends last year. We have been in a bunch of alliances but are currently in Intrepid Crossing (IRC) living in the damn drone regions. I spent hours online every day for about 8 weeks at one stretch a few years ago when I was in IRON and us and Razor took over Querious without fielding a single capital ship. Those were the days. Hours upon hours upon hours of bashing POS's with battleship fleets. I remember one day, I was tanking for an ice mining op with one toon, ice mining with 3 toons, and pos bashing with number 5 for almost 16 hours straight.

Damn game is addictive. Trying to figure out how the hell to raise about 70 billion ISK right now for an avatar. Probably gonna sell one of my alts (eveboard - Randal Rotgut). That should raise about 22-25 billion.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    GFTF? They friends of yours?

Yesterday I trained up Afterburners to 3 and High Speed Maneuvering to 1 so I can use Micro warp drives, then I trained Minmatar Frigates from 0 to 3 so I can use a Rifter. :) I think I'm almost done with the Sisters of Eve epic arc.

I'm apped to EVE University but holy crap are they a bunch of ***** carebear fucks. I have never seen such an extensive list of ridiculous carebear rules or outright fascist enforcement of said rules on any game ever.

Edit: Seriously, guys? Female genitalia word is censored and an f-bomb isn't?

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Last consecutive one, I promise.

I could learn a lot in EVE-U but they really annoy me. I mean, I've seen them ban a guy for saying "wtf". If someone KNOWS what wtf means, then it isn't a problem. If someone DOESN'T know what wtf means THEN IT ISN'T A PROBLEM.

Following that incident I say in their channel, "Isn't that a little excessive?" and some turd named Gorl mutes me for it. Man, I was pissed.

I've heard about some group called Red vs Blue that sounds interesting. GFTF also sounds interesting but I only have like 330,000 SP.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Avatar is the Ammar Titan clockwork.

amarr-titan-avatar-4.jpg

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Yeah, there is a reason I don't do this. I played the free trial, and it was fun. I'd get hooked.

Top Bottom