• ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County

Hays County’s new district clerk

Avery Anderson graduated from Dripping Springs High School in 2021. Before running for district clerk, Anderson worked full-time at a gas station down the road from his house where he lives with his mom.

Literally quoted, "I'll just ask questions".

This little f'er is gonna go down in flames...and everyone knows it.
    Guns International

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Kiss the senate goodbye. Wonder if there will be any recounts coming.

And I am not confident we will win the house at this point.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

Avery Anderson graduated from Dripping Springs High School in 2021. Before running for district clerk, Anderson worked full-time at a gas station down the road from his house where he lives with his mom.

Maybe, just maybe elected bureaucrats shouldn't take their positions for granted. It's an 87k a year job. It should be a competitive race and candidates should be encouraged to run. I'm currently looking at May 2023 elections to run against unopposed candidates. Candidates should not go unopposed, unless its CCP candidates in China.

Did I want a democrat to get that position? No, but I don't want the republican, or anyone, running unopposed.

I actually think Ranked choice ballots should be more of a thing, but they aren't. It would also give people the option to vote NONE OF THESE CANDIDATES.

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    How can (D) Catherine Cortez Masto win Nevada when she has less than 50%

more than two candidates in the race. Third party candidates pulling votes from the two electable candidates which results in neither hitting 50%. In that scenario GA requires a runoff but each state sets their own election laws and NV does not require a straight majority.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Maybe, just maybe elected bureaucrats shouldn't take their positions for granted. It's an 87k a year job. It should be a competitive race and candidates should be encouraged to run. I'm currently looking at May 2023 elections to run against unopposed candidates. Candidates should not go unopposed, unless its CCP candidates in China.

Did I want a democrat to get that position? No, but I don't want the republican, or anyone, running unopposed.

I actually think Ranked choice ballots should be more of a thing, but they aren't. It would also give people the option to vote NONE OF THESE CANDIDATES.
    IIRC in AZ, at one time atleast, we could vote no or vote out unopposed candidates. I remember doing so for judges every election regardless of the party affiliation . It was a retain or reject vote. None ever got removed but I almost always voted to kick them out.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County

That's all well and good but I hope you have the common sense to run for a position that you don't have to employ the "I'll just ask questions" ideology, in an office that is supposed to be the one answering the questions, when you are dealing with peoples lives/livelihoods.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    That's all well and good but I hope you have the common sense to run for a position that you don't have to employ the "I'll just ask questions" ideology, in an office that is supposed to be the one answering the questions, when you are dealing with peoples lives/livelihoods.

I'm an INTJ, extremely intelligent, and capable. If it doesn't require brute strength I aim to master any skill or subject within 30 days of entering into it.

I thought teaching AP kids was EASY. I work in a highly technical field with no certifications and am at the top of my team. I'm also the person with the least experience on my team in our company and am about to be promoted 2 paygrades to another field I've never even worked in. I'm pretty sure I could be the county clerk.

1. Recorder of the county, on behalf of the Board of County Commissioners
    2. Chief election officer responsible for the administration of elections in the
    3. Clerk of the Probate Court in handling informal proceedings only
    4. Miscellaneous duties including those of notary public, administration of oaths, certification of acknowledgements, declarations, instruments and protests.
    The county clerk is responsible for keeping records, resolutions and ordinances adopted by the Board of County Commissioners. The county clerk also serves as the secretary to the commission and performs all of the following:  Records all proceedings of the board and makes regular entries of all resolutions and decisions in all questions that concern the raising of money; records the vote of each commissioner on any question submitted to the board.  Signs all orders issued by the board for payment of money, records the action and records the receipts of the county treasurer that show the income and expenditures of the county

I bet I could automate 50 to 75% of this within 6 months. My experience with county clerks in most counties is that they are about 40 years behind the private sector in data management.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm an INTJ, extremely intelligent, and capable. If it doesn't require brute strength I aim to master any skill or subject within 30 days of entering into it.

I thought teaching AP kids was EASY. I work in a highly technical field with no certifications and am at the top of my team. I'm also the person with the least experience on my team in our company and am about to be promoted 2 paygrades to another field I've never even worked in. I'm pretty sure I could be the county clerk.

2. Chief election officer responsible for the administration of elections in the
    4. Miscellaneous duties including those of notary public, administration of oaths, certification of acknowledgements, declarations, instruments and protests.
    The county clerk is responsible for keeping records, resolutions and ordinances adopted by the Board of County Commissioners. The county clerk also serves as the secretary to the commission and performs all of the following:  Records all proceedings of the board and makes regular entries of all resolutions and decisions in all questions that concern the raising of money; records the vote of each commissioner on any question submitted to the board.  Signs all orders issued by the board for payment of money, records the action and records the receipts of the county treasurer that show the income and expenditures of the county

I bet I could automate 50 to 75% of this within 6 months. My experience with county clerks in most counties is that they are about 40 years behind the private sector in data management.
    Smart assed comment deleted.

Lol sorry.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

You get the government, you deserve.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I would like to see the Judge's face when his answer to a subpoena duces tecum is " I ask a lot of questions" and his discovery production is a picture of him and Beto.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

If he has a hint of good sense, he'll hire the outgoing district clerk as a chief of staff.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County

It was kind of a rhetorical statement but, hey, good for you. ;)

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    A
    It was kind of a rhetorical statement but, hey, good for you. ;)
    Rhetorical statement and sarcasm button would sure be helpful, here and in life.

1964 Rick tried to hide the fly swatter which Mother uses to swat the shit out of Rick when he is bad ( all the time)
    Ricks Mom to Rick, " do you think I am stupid!"
    Rick , " a ya"
    Rick gets slapped

Ricks Mom " that was a rhetorical question"
    Rick " does
    rhetorical mean you slap me when I answer honestly?"
    Ricks Mom slaps him into next week and
    screams " YES!"

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Also - if the incumbent was so great at her job, and campaigned well - how did a literal kid barely old enough to run for office with zero experience relating to the job duties who did no campaigning beat her - if the people were happy with her? Maybe there's more to it than an uneducated voter base? Maybe she was shit at her job, maybe she is a shitty person who has alienated enough people, or maybe she's never run with opposition before (or recently, anyway) and the people are just sick of incumbents in general? In any case - elected positions are not appointments for life, the office holder is not entitled to re-election, and voting has consequences. Hays County is about to find that out come January.

Top Bottom