• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    They did a blood test on the cruise ship suspect to be sure.

As I understand things, if you've got it you've got it. It takes a few days up to 21 or 48 days for the virus to multiply enough in your blood for outward symptoms to appear, but while it's busy growing, it's still there. Negative on the blood test means it's not there, right?

From what I understand, and I could be wrong on this, tests don't show positive until you have outward symptoms and are a potential vector for spreading the virus. I would like to see a little more clarification from the WHO on this particular matter for sure. Hopefully they did multiple tests as well as there is always a potential for false negatives.

Not out of the woods yet. Many more potential Duncans out there, with a clear path.

This too. With our incredibly porous border and the green light from this admin that we will accept medical tourism from these countries, this is doubtful to be the last case we see in the US.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    This too. With our incredibly porous border and the green light from this admin that we will accept medical tourism from these countries, this is doubtful to be the last case we see in the US.

Well the horses have started to escape so it looks like it's time to partially close the barn door. Ebola: US Restricts Air Travel From Africa

Of course a partially closed door doesn't keep anything in or out. I guess it's just a feel good move. I do find it strange that they picked all liberal leaning locations for the possible ebola arrivals. I would have guessed it would have been the opposite.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    From what I understand, and I could be wrong on this, tests don't show positive until you have outward symptoms and are a potential vector for spreading the virus. I would like to see a little more clarification from the WHO on this particular matter for sure. Hopefully they did multiple tests as well as there is always a potential for false negatives.

Wrong question. The question is how sensitive and how specific the test is. (ie, how many false negatives or false positives).

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Our government sucks.
    You just now figuring this out? :laughing:
    It is hard to tell if they are being their typical ineffective bureaucratic central planner selves, or if they are hoping to grab more power due to threat of a pandemic. The best thing the government can do at this point is stay out of everyone's way that is actually capable of stopping ebola.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Ha

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414165577252.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1414165577252.jpg
      49.1 KB · Views: 244

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    So, some States implemented stricter quarantine rules and these "healthcare workers" get in a fit because they have to wait 3 extra weeks to see their families, etc....why wouldn't they WANT to do that? I'm sick of hearing oh, but it's only infectious when people are symptomatic. They should know better and take the side of caution. And towards the end of this article, where it's said that politicians shouldn't be making these decisions, I actually disagree with that, in this instance, because the current "healthcare workers" have failed to keep it out of the U.S....So someone needs to do something.

That said, they should definitely treat the workers like royalty when they return, just isolated that's all. :cool:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/10/27/nyregion/ebola-quarantine.html?_r=0&referrer=

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    And towards the end of this article, where it's said that politicians shouldn't be making these decisions, I actually disagree with that, in this instance, because the current "healthcare workers" have failed to keep it out of the U.S....So someone needs to do something.
    Bingo! I can't beieve Texas hasn't done something similar already. Oh......, that's right, they are busy with the upcoming election.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Bingo! I can't beieve Texas hasn't done something similar already. Oh......, that's right, they are busy with the upcoming election.
    I'm not sure if TX has any direct flights from Africa...either way, Gov Perry shouldn't be focused on any election at the moment. He should be getting Texas squared away from indirect entries like we've had already and making sure our hospitals & clinics know what the fudge they're doing!

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I'm not sure if TX has any direct flights from Africa...
    No, but healthcare workers and others have been exposed to it How about the 2 nurses that traveled after taking direct care of the guy from Liberia in Dallas. They should have been under a strict in home quarantine for 21 days for a minimum. And if they violate it, then they get an enforced involuntary quarantine. But Texas has no such law that I am aware of.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    No, but healthcare workers and others have been exposed to it How about the 2 nurses that traveled after taking direct care of the guy from Liberia in Dallas. They should have been under a strict in home quarantine for 21 days for a minimum. And if they violate it, then they get an enforced involuntary quarantine. But Texas has no such law that I am aware of.
    Oh, no doubt about that. We're on the same page there. My argument with that article was the healthcare workers complaining about a mandatory quarantine and boohooing about it. Plus, the people who say such quarantine would hurt relief efforts by somehow dissuading other healthcare workers from going over there...it's horse poop imo.

Top Bottom