• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smitty1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Hill Country
    Going home to hunt with my family and my brother for 3 days around San Angelo area. Maze and wheat fields should bring good bird numbers into the stock tanks to water late in the evenings!! Can't wait.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    just got thru booking a hunt for the last week in sept for a ranch in stockdale where we hunt exotics 120 a day lodging and unlimited hogs with the dove hunt, been there before it will be fun, ain't life great.

Are you going to share that information with the forum?

Virginian

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Round Rock
    Moved here last year from Virginia,have not been hunting yet,not used to it being so expensive.Having hunting withdrawl-lol.Think I might try the public places AFTER opening weekend,should I wear ballistic armor?If anyone would be willing to let me hunt in exchange for vehicle repairs let me know,have 30 years Mercedes-Benz and foreign car experience,also heavy equipment and farm equipment.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Just came back from a trap shoot at Joshua Creek Ranch (tryin' to get ready for some dove hunting). Damn .......it was a humbling experience........but a hell of a lot of fun! Very nice place with some great people running it (and I think they have all types of hunts you can schedule Joshua Creek Ranch | ). This was taken as we were leaving the Joshua Creek facilities. That's me on the left (the handsome, mature guy!).

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Went out to the farm yesterday. Stock tanks and creek are dry. Cropland is plowed and ready to sow wheat. In spite of it, I did see a few birds, just not excited though. Praying for rain.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I hope to make it out to Granger and hunt at a friends place near the dam. Last year I actually had a chance to hit my daily limit but missed a few good oppurtunities and only recovered 8 or so. Still enough for a tasty meal. The next few visits I blanked out or only got a few.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Moved here last year from Virginia,have not been hunting yet,not used to it being so expensive.Having hunting withdrawl-lol.Think I might try the public places AFTER opening weekend,should I wear ballistic armor?If anyone would be willing to let me hunt in exchange for vehicle repairs let me know,have 30 years Mercedes-Benz and foreign car experience,also heavy equipment and farm equipment.

Good luck with the public thing. I did that for 3 years near New Braunfels and hardly ever saw a bird.

I finally decided that if those landowners knew they had birds, they wouldn't've coughed up their land to the state in the first place.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Trying to decide if I want to go in the morning or not, haven't seen many and thinking about letting the other hunters get them good and stirred up before I try in the evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbr24

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Austin
    I went in Young county this weekend saturday evening and morning/evening yesterday. I limited out in about 2 hours saturday and ended up with 13 total sunday. my dad ended up with about the same. Last year i went opening weekend and only got one.. theyre were flying better than ive ever seen up there this year.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/04/a8u7e8av.jpg[/I'MG]

Best I could do in the back yard.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    a8u7e8av.jpg

Best I could do in the back yard.

FIFY.

a8u7e8av.jpg

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Shot 8 in liberty hill on Sunday evening. They were flying late late late. Tell you what though--it was my first time hunting with one of those motorized mojo dove decoys from Academy, and holy crap it's like a giant dove magnet. Every bird that caught a glimpse of him made an immediate beeline towards us. I'm a believer!

Top Bottom