• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I think many here are taking Renegades posts in the worst light possible.

I don’t believe his thoughts are nearly as accepting of tyranny as many are pointing them to be.

LOL.

All I said is I would not shoot/die in an no win situation if given an opportunity not to. But hey let's twists that to mean I want to live with a boot on my neck!

This is the internet, you always take things out of context!
    Venture Surplus ad

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    LOL.

All I said is I would not shoot/die in an no win situation if given an opportunity not to. But hey let's twists that to mean I want to live with a boot on my neck!

This is the internet, you always take things out of context!

And here is a quote from your post #30 "Well as I am nowhere near as tough as so many others here, I will probably just do as I am told and live to fight another day. George Patton “dumb bastards” and all that. "

They all retreated with their weapons, what are you going to fight with on that "other day"?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    what are you going to fight with on that "other day"?

Why do you assume the only guns I have are in my house where they will be taken?

Why do you assume guns will not be available on the black market like everything else?

Why do you assume guns are the only solution to fight with?

Seems you have tunnel visioned into an ARFCOM-esque fantasy.

Reality is, there will never be mass-confiscations in the USA. History shows gun owners will willingly comply, just look at the gyrations folks go through to comply with existing laws like 922r, kali with bullet buttons, etc.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Why do you assume the only guns I have are in my house where they will be taken?

Do you think they won't know about your hide-holes? Once they get registration they will know what you have and if you say you sold them, that's also against the law without papers.

Why do you assume guns will not be available on the black market like everything else?

Beware the fake seller.

Why do you assume guns are the only solution to fight with?

You going to paperwhip them? Force is all they understand.

Seems you have tunnel visioned into an ARFCOM-esque fantasy.

Reality is, there will never be mass-confiscations in the USA. History shows gun owners will willingly comply, just look at the gyrations folks go through to comply with existing laws like 922r, kali with bullet buttons, etc.

Answers above.

I'm glad you believe they will never try to mass confiscate guns. Have you seen the bills in the house? I don't think they will get past the senate but they are trying....

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Folks, realize what we have for government now is corporate fascism. They all want your guns. Most have not come out and said directly, but indirectly through their mouth piece, the Demoncraptic party and their sidekicks the RINOs. The RINOs being 80% of the Republican Party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    No we don’t. Out government isn’t in any way fascist.

It’s like people don’t even know what that word means anymore.

Argue with me then. The gov has it’s finger in everything. We definitely have corporatism with the corporations controlling legislation. How else do you explain no rule of law with what has gone on with the banking system the last 10 years. Who exactly has gone to jail over the malfeasance with the banks?

Why do cars all look the same now? Ever wonder? Go look it up.

Do you and your “needs” feel met from government or do you feel hemmed in by it?

Are you represented now?

Thousands of laws limiting your right to self protection. Corporations asking for more. Are they represented or are you?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Argue with me then.

For starters, you don’t have anyone coming to arrest you for crimes against the state because you made this post.

The gov has it’s finger in everything. We definitely have corporatism with the corporations controlling legislation.

They don’t control anything except their corporations. And even then the amount of government regulation on a corporation kind of kills that whole argument.

How else do you explain no rule of law with what has gone on with the banking system the last 10 years. Who exactly has gone to jail over the malfeasance with the banks?

The rich avoiding penalty is not a trademark of fascism. It’s happens in every nation and under every form of government. It’s a sad reality.

Why do cars all look the same now? Ever wonder? Go look it up.

Cars look the same? I guess so. How different should they look? For the most part they seem to follow trends based on public appeal and sales. Sounds like capitalism to me. Make what sells. Wasn’t to long ago all the performance cars went retro. Think it was Dodge first with Ford and Chevy following after seeing the positive feedback. Now if they were all merged in to the United States Motor Company and you could buy US model 1B or US model 3A you might be on to something. Hell, we even import cars. That’s not very fascist.

Do you and your “needs” feel met from government or do you feel hemmed in by it?

The roads could be better, and much worse. I don’t really feel the government should be meeting too many “needs”. That’s more like communism. Trump will be signing an EO protecting free speech on college campuses soon, doesn’t feel very fascist and falls under the responsibility of our government. Hemmed in...in some ways. I’m sure that goes way back. I’ll keep working on it.

Are you represented now?

Yes, I am represented. That’s how our government works. I vote for someone to represent me. I don’t always agree with them 100% and it’s not likely that will ever happen because I don’t intend to run for office. FWIW, fascist governments don’t tend to allow people to vote for representatives in their government. It would ruin the whole system.

Thousands of laws limiting your right to self protection. Corporations asking for more. Are they represented or are you?

Thousands? I guess if you count each states laws separately...but shouldn’t each state be doing their own laws? That’s how it’s supposed to work. Corporations can ask for whatever they want. I can ask for things too. Doesn’t mean any of it will happen. Not fascist either. Having laws you dislike is not the same as fascism, it just means you don’t like the laws. There are many that I don’t like either. And even some that leftists don’t like.

You haven’t made a convincing argument.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    For starters, you don’t have anyone coming to arrest you for crimes against the state because you made this post.

I might be a bit hyperbolic but I am not far off. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

As for the above, already happening in England. There are people that want that here. Give it an election or two.

They don’t control anything except their corporations. And even then the amount of government regulation on a corporation kind of kills that whole argument.

Money talks. He with the most gets the bigger say. I still posit you are not represented.

The rich avoiding penalty is not a trademark of fascism. It’s happens in every nation and under every form of government. It’s a sad reality.

True. It is sad.

Cars look the same? I guess so. How different should they look? For the most part they seem to follow trends based on public appeal and sales. Sounds like capitalism to me. Make what sells. Wasn’t to long ago all the performance cars went retro. Think it was Dodge first with Ford and Chevy following after seeing the positive feedback. Now if they were all merged in to the United States Motor Company and you could buy US model 1B or US model 3A you might be on to something. Hell, we even import cars. That’s not very fascist.

I am getting at “safety” requirements. If I want one of those retro cars maybe I would want it retro. Remove the faulty airbags for weight savings. I don’t want mandatory back up cameras or lane warning crap. It’s coming. I don’t want self driving cars pushed down my throat. Wait about 10 years, they’ll drive insurance rates to the point where you have to have all the mandated equipment. But guess what, you won’t be able to afford it with all the bells and whistles. This is why they are pushing self driving and Uber and all.

The roads could be better, and much worse. I don’t really feel the government should be meeting too many “needs”. That’s more like communism. Trump will be signing an EO protecting free speech on college campuses soon, doesn’t feel very fascist and falls under the responsibility of our government. Hemmed in...in some ways. I’m sure that goes way back. I’ll keep working on it.

Agreed about Trump but I give us 2024 before we are living like the British. They (the left) own the media and tech. Already killing conservative voices.

Yes, I am represented. That’s how our government works. I vote for someone to represent me. I don’t always agree with them 100% and it’s not likely that will ever happen because I don’t intend to run for office. FWIW, fascist governments don’t tend to allow people to vote for representatives in their government. It would ruin the whole system.

Voting (I still do) does not seem to matter much. 2 sides of same coin although that’s not completely true as I am sure that it would have been worse if she that should not be named had won. This bought you a couple of years.

Thousands? I guess if you count each states laws separately...but shouldn’t each state be doing their own laws? That’s how it’s supposed to work. Corporations can ask for whatever they want. I can ask for things too. Doesn’t mean any of it will happen. Not fascist either. Having laws you dislike is not the same as fascism, it just means you don’t like the laws. There are many that I don’t like either. And even some that leftists don’t like.

Corps are getting their way, how much are you. I am of a small gov bent. Don’t need them in my business especially on how I defend myself.

Yeah we are not completely fascist but it is coming.

You haven’t made a convincing argument.

Never was much of a debater. Just grumpy.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    So what you are saying is it so unlikely you have to go to other countries for examples.

Twenty years ago, I would have said it is unlikely.

Now, I will not be shocked if it happens in my lifetime. Half of this country no longer respects the Constitution, if you haven't noticed.

Learning from others' mistakes is wisdom. Ignoring those lessons is foolish.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Never said nobody died. But Washington never sent people to die needlessly, neither Did Churchill or Eisenhower. Instead of telling the folks at Dunkirk to fight to the death, a needless waste, they evacuated them so they could fight another day. Washington too disengaged numerous times under unfavorable circumstances. This is basic military strategy dating back tro Sun Tzu.

Who said anything about dying for no purpose?

People criticized Patton (and Stonewall as well) about some of the casualties during his battles. Yet he understood that at times some must be sacrificed for the benefit of the many. Same as at the Alamo. Many examples in history, for those with the mental capacity to study and comprehend.

And sometimes, the few must be the "tripwire".

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Half of those in this thread no longer understand the Constitution
    Your OP was accurate. This adjustment is more accurate.

Rhetoric is one thing (it started this thread), but knowledge is something completely different. The apparent inverse relationship between rhetoric and knowledge is sad.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    If your choice is certain death or living to fight another day, the smart choice is to live. Engaging a SWAT team with your AR is certain death. If you keep all your weapons in one place then you are a fool. if you register all your weapons then you are a fool. Diversify, and keep your mouth shut. If one day rogue cops who have forsaken their vows come to your house do anything you can to make them leave. But don't waste your life.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

Six large corporations own 90% of U.S. mass media and news outlets and control what you read, hear and see, fitting the classic definition of oligopolies:

Walt Disney (DIS), Time Warner (TWX), CBS Corporation (CBS), Viacom (VIAB), NBC Universal, and News Corporation (NWSA).

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Six large corporations own 90% of U.S. mass media and news outlets and control what you read, hear and see, fitting the classic definition of oligopolies:

Walt Disney (DIS), Time Warner (TWX), CBS Corporation (CBS), Viacom (VIAB), NBC Universal, and News Corporation (NWSA).

As far as liberal media goes in the “main stream” Fox has better ratings than the next 3 biggest news outlets combined.

Mass media is dying. Steven Crowder gets better viewership than CNN. The Daily Wire smokes the closest leftist digital news outlet and has about the largest (maybe the largest) podcast in the nation. YouTube, despite all its efforts is home to tons of successful reality based news channels while the leftist channels flounder.

The problem with claiming that media is in control is that the media that is supposed to be in control has no credibility and most people are using alternative sources now. And they don’t actually have any control of what you read, hear, or see.

Top Bottom