• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    Ex Navy here. SERVICE IS FOR SOME AND NOT FOR OTHERS. If you dont mind being away from friends and family. Having to be places when and where told to and if your not its not like a job and they just write you up, they can criminally charge you if it becomes a problem. If you are normal like most of us this is not a problem. In life you have to do this stuff anyways but some people have a issue obeying rules and end up getting kicked out for insubordination or other issue. I personally did not like the navy at all, but thats me. I like my friends and family too much and hated being away as many people do. I would rather give it to you upfront and not sugar coat it then for you to join and hate it and not realize you cant go home every other month. You can on weekends normally if you got lots of money to fly or drive back and forth but most do not.
    I was also in dry dock meaning my ship was being overhauled so we basically did nothing for 3 years of my enlistment. hints why it sucked for me.
    ARJ Defense ad

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    reserves sucks, go active duty and stay active duty. once you ets out and go to reserves you will want to shoot yourself trust me. its not worth it to be stabilized in one area for long term.

Strelok

Ста́лкер
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Balcones Fault
    strelok - you can cloak your comments with facts - but the fact you dont
    talk about is that your intent was to slam the air force - plain and simple

i know this - Desert Storm/Shield would have been A LOT bloodier for ground forces
    if not for the work done by the Air Force before those berms in the desert were breached.

just jk

Of course what the Air Force did was very important and beneficial 21 years ago for Desert Storm.
    However you're talking about the actions of what less than 0.1% of the Air Force actually participated.
    Not everyone in the Air Force gets to be a Pilot and drop bombs or shoot down planes in a War. The fact
    remains that the majority of the jobs in the Air Force are exactly as I described and I'm sorry it doesn't sound
    as glamorous or exciting as you would like it to be. That would be the same as me saying that the Navy Seals
    who dropped in by Helicopter and killed Osama Bin Laden did a great job but the actual reality of most jobs
    in the Navy do not have you operating weaponry and blasting away at the Enemy. You are most likely to
    be a Sailor who gets dirty, repairs or provides maintenance to some piece of machinery aboard a Ship
    at sea with no view of the ocean. This doesn't "slam" the Navy but just describes what the average
    career may involve. If I said percentage-wise that more Women join the Air Force than the Army
    & Marines combined, liking the very job qualities I described...would that too be insulting?

Strelok

Ста́лкер
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Balcones Fault
    **** you, troll. Your self-proclaimed "facts" are based on Cold War era ideology.
    Do a little fucking research before making wild-ass claims based on long dead strategy.

Clockwork

How wonderful that you have the name and avatar of a character that was a foul-mouthed, violent Sociopath
    and you must be acting in character. It's funny that you have no idea what the term "self-proclaimed" means as
    I clearly gave facts to what I was talking about that I can only assume you were unable to read and comprehend.

It had nothing to do with the "Cold War". All the numbers I gave were AFTER that time. I have no idea where you
    came up with that assumption and it had nothing to do with any ideology. You really shouldn't use words that you
    don't have the slightest clue what they mean. It makes you look stupid. And as far as doing any research, that's
    again what I provided and it has nothing to do with "wild-ass" claims as you like to put it and there is absolutely no
    "long dead strategy" involved. Strategy? Really. You sound like you're paraphrasing some tired speech by some
    spokesman for the Obama administration. Again you're not looking very bright here. Please go back to my 2nd
    Post and find a Friend to read it and explain it to you so you don't continue to say "dumb-ass shit" as you put it.

So what's next?

More of the same from you I'm sure.

More name-calling and profane language. Maybe a threat or two.
    Definitely more idiotic statements using words that are ill-fitting and
    inaccurate to what feeble point you are trying to get across I'm sure.

Just as every Village has it's idiots...I guess you're this Forum's idiot.

I mean after all why else would you choose a picture to represent yourself
    of a sociopathic pedophile who drugged and raped two 10-year old girls?

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    just jk

Of course what the Air Force did was very important and beneficial 21 years ago for Desert Storm.
    However you're talking about the actions of what less than 0.1% of the Air Force actually participated.
    Not everyone in the Air Force gets to be a Pilot and drop bombs or shoot down planes in a War. The fact
    remains that the majority of the jobs in the Air Force are exactly as I described and I'm sorry it doesn't sound
    as glamorous or exciting as you would like it to be. That would be the same as me saying that the Navy Seals
    who dropped in by Helicopter and killed Osama Bin Laden did a great job but the actual reality of most jobs
    in the Navy do not have you operating weaponry and blasting away at the Enemy. You are most likely to
    be a Sailor who gets dirty, repairs or provides maintenance to some piece of machinery aboard a Ship
    at sea with no view of the ocean. This doesn't "slam" the Navy but just describes what the average
    career may involve. If I said percentage-wise that more Women join the Air Force than the Army
    & Marines combined, liking the very job qualities I described...would that too be insulting?

whats insulting is that in a thread where a young man has stated his intentions to serve his country - and has chosen the Air Force - you take the opportunity to insult his choice of service, and all who may have served in the air force. you sought to diminish a proud institution for your own self indulgence

you should have just said "thanks for choosing to serve your country" and left it at that

you're trolling, and its obvious

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    the fact remains, if everyone was in a combat arms position everything would be a cluster ****. we require admin, supply, etc, etc to all do their jobs well so we can do ours. everyone in every branch does their needed jobs and they do it to the best of their abilities and thats all that matters.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    the fact remains, if everyone was in a combat arms position everything would be a cluster ****. we require admin, supply, etc, etc to all do their jobs well so we can do ours. everyone in every branch does their needed jobs and they do it to the best of their abilities and thats all that matters.

This.

The Air Force's realm of specialty is Air, Space, and Cyberspace dominance. To that end Airmen are given advanced training in highly technical career fields using state of the art diagnostic and testing equipment for various weapons systems (and Cyber warfare equipment is still a weapons system). When the government invests hundreds of thousands of dollars training these people and doing background investigations to award security clearances it is in the government's best interest to keep them happy so they don't do one term and get out of the service to make four to ten times as much money in the civilian sector doing the same kind of work.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub

exactly - those AF pilots that dropped all those bombs on the Iraqi's - they all had zero ground support personnel.......they fueled the planes themselves, they found the targets on their own, they attached the bombs to the wings, they operated the air traffic control tower, and countless other jobs that support those thousands of sorties

:rolleyes:

darstcreek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    katy Tx
    I read somewhere that only 18 per cent of the service personal do the fighting / killing the army and Marines top the list . the fellow that wrote about the airforce (better houseing better bases ect ) was correct no slight that I could see . If some people got there feeling hurt about the truth maybe go back and read it again with an open mind .I served in the USArmy I have seen alot of bases EARLY 70s and airforce bases were nicer , the only inter action I had with the airforce combat personal was A forward obsever , good guy phy fit kinda surprised me when he asked what that was on are M 16 (203).lol all services offer something pick and chose carefully being phy fit IS ONLY half of the deal if you go Army airborne Ranger better be tough phy and mentally ! If you go S/F you have to be twice as tough and above average IQ . Good Luck In all your endeavors .thanks to all who went before me and after me , RANGERS LEAD THE WAY , sorry by law lol I had to mention that LOL lol
    9TH INF Old Reliable
    8 TH INF Patherfinder
    2 Armor Hell on wheels
    Special schools outside my MOS by choice
    schools Red eye
    french Commando
    E and E school

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    reserves sucks, go active duty and stay active duty. once you ets out and go to reserves you will want to shoot yourself trust me. its not worth it to be stabilized in one area for long term.

I agree. I was in the army reserves before going active. I was military police and this was my first impression of the two. Reserves, no matter how much respect they deserve, are IMHO a running joke.

If you want to serve in a real army. Join the army, not reserves.

Now once your in the army and wish to get out. And keep getting retirement points....then and only then join the reserves. Then ride it and get fat like most of my company did.

Top Bottom