• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Strelok, I think what most people took issue with is the manner in which you presented what you said. You clearly meant it as an insult, not as a statement about protection of military assets or anything like that. On a side note, what is with the random capitalization of words in your posts? There is no reasoning to it and it just happens at random throughout all of your posts.
    Guns International

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Just decided to post an update on things. I've been talking to recruiters and leaning toward air force now. It turns out that despite being able to exceed the physical requirements of even special forces that I need to lose about 20 pounds before I can sign. So now I just need to watch my diet a little closer and kick up the cardio a little more I guess to try to burn this off and get things moving.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

My (uninformed) advice? Do something you'll remember.

Then again, I wanted to do it for the adventure, so leaned toward the areas where I'd get to kick in doors and shoot people in the face...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Ok, time to get back on the topic. I can delete posts if I have to, but this side trip is not a good one. It's turning into a dick measuring contest, so knock it off - both sides.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I really enjoyed my time in the USAF Security Forces as an Airman, NCO, and Combat Arms Instructor. I gained maturity, and it helped me in my civilian LEO career as well as my career with Suarez International. At different times I worked along side Seaman, Soldiers, and Marines. No matter what branch you join you will learn if you SERVE.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Military service, in any Service Branch is an honorable endeavor and should be suggested to our youths at every opportunity.

In my mind, the more difficult the service, the more pride you will have in that Service.

Some branches and specialties demand more of their troops than others.

It is for the candidate to decide if they want to be a support troop or a combat arms warrior.

Every MOS is important, some more essential than others. With this nebulous "War on Terror," every trooper is ultimately a Warrior in his own right.

Airborne!

podunk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Southeast Texas
    I respect all branches of service, but here is my opinion.Our daughter served in the Air Force,loved it. Her husband is soon to be a A.F.major, he is in for the long haul and loves it. Lot of opportunity. Our son is an Army M.P. He wished he had joined the Air Force.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Well its been 1 week since I met with the recruiter and found out definitively that I still needed to lose 20 pounds before I could sign. Since then I've lost about 8 pounds so I feel that I'm on track to be able to sign by the end of May.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Steamed rice, vegetable broth, and stewed prunes. You'll shit the weight off in a month.

Haha, just going with the paleo diet...much more of a lifestyle I can live with and the principles behind it make some sense to me.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I knew before I signed up what all I wanted. I walked up to the Army recruiter in my high school and told him I wanted to enlist for 3 years and do Airborne Infantry. He really did not have a chance to "work" me. They did try to tell me I did not need Airborne in my contract and to just ask for it in basic training (that was a complete lie! i would have got nothing but smoked if I asked a Drill Seargent that). I fought them and got it in my contract. I loved my job and the Army. I got out after 3 years only due to geting married and I did not want the active duty Army family life. I enlisted in the Army National Guard as a way to keep serving. I hated it at first since I expected it to run just like active duty, but it is not. Since 9/11 the Guard has improved vastly. So, I have been in a total of almost 13 years now. I do not regret it at all! I would not change anything about my military career. The only things I wish I would have had the chance to do is go to combat while I was on active duty.

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    I did just about 10 years (9 yrs. 9 mos, 21 days, but who's counting) in the Navy. I was in from 1987 to 1997. I was a Submarine Nuke Machinst's Mate. After the end of the Cold War, our op-tempo went up dramatically, as the Gub'mint figured we didn't need that many boats. Funny thing, every time some camel jockey started rattling thier sabre, a carrier task force was deployed, along with an ASW screen of two boats. We had more to do with fewer boats to do it. On my last tour, we were out at sea for about 8-9 months per year. I'm not sure how it is, now, though.I left because the op-tempo was not conducive to family life.
    I firmly believe it was the best choice, and if I had to do it over again, I would repeat it. I can't say that I ever had someone shooting at me. However, I will say that there were a few times that got our sphincters puckered pretty tight and reconsidered my relationship with the Almighty. Lots of stuff can go wrong, and surrounded by a lot of energy sources (forgetting about hostile ordnance) there are a lot of opportunities to beome fish-food.
    The single best thing that I got out of the service was becoming part of a dedicated band of folks that you could (had to) depend on for your life. I think you'll find that in any branch of the armed forces.
    Godspeed your journey.

Strelok

Ста́лкер
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Balcones Fault
    I did just about 10 years (9 yrs. 9 mos, 21 days, but who's counting) in the Navy. I was in from 1987 to 1997. I was a Submarine Nuke Machinst's Mate. After the end of the Cold War, our op-tempo went up dramatically, as the Gub'mint figured we didn't need that many boats. Funny thing, every time some camel jockey started rattling thier sabre, a carrier task force was deployed, along with an ASW screen of two boats. We had more to do with fewer boats to do it. On my last tour, we were out at sea for about 8-9 months per year. I'm not sure how it is, now, though.I left because the op-tempo was not conducive to family life.
    I firmly believe it was the best choice, and if I had to do it over again, I would repeat it. I can't say that I ever had someone shooting at me. However, I will say that there were a few times that got our sphincters puckered pretty tight and reconsidered my relationship with the Almighty. Lots of stuff can go wrong, and surrounded by a lot of energy sources (forgetting about hostile ordnance) there are a lot of opportunities to beome fish-food.
    The single best thing that I got out of the service was becoming part of a dedicated band of folks that you could (had to) depend on for your life. I think you'll find that in any branch of the armed forces.
    Godspeed your journey.

+1 :cool:

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    strelok - you can cloak your comments with facts - but the fact you dont talk about is that your intent was to slam the air force - plain and simple

i know this - Desert Storm/Shield would have been A LOT bloodier for ground forces if not for the work done by the Air Force before those berms in the desert were breached.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Im prior USAF and Army. My suggestion is the AF. Better organization and professionalism. I enjoyed my time in blue and felt my time and taxpayer money was wasted while in green. Take it for what its worth, and good luck on your decision!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Please see my above post that explains all I have said. If Facts and common-sense Information is considered "dumbass shit" to you...well I can see why you chose the Avatar you did to represent yourself.

**** you, troll. Your self-proclaimed "facts" are based on Cold War era ideology. Do a little fucking research before making wild-ass claims based on long dead strategy.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    a6934891-9a87-d3d3.jpg

Top Bottom