• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Where was everybody and their concern in the late 90's when CA got the bans? The battle for the 2nd should have started then.

We were here, but most of us wrote of Kalifornia long ago as a bunch of loonies.

Where were you in the 90s?

I was back in Texas after living in (or at least being based out of) Kalifornia while working for my Uncle for a few years. Sure was good to get back to Texas.
    Guns International

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I was back in Texas after living in (or at least being based out of) Kalifornia while working for my Uncle for a few years. Sure was good to get back to Texas.

We had mixed feeling about the possibility of a PCS to CA. We never were there but for schools. All the junk of CA just wasn't worth the nice weather. I concur about how good it felt getting back to TX. I sure missed home when we were gone.

matefrio, thanks or going. I saw the schedule and hoped to go. But have other commitments, on top of the distance for travel. I need a helicopter.

SublimeZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Austin
    Why should they wait for election day? They should start recall procedures for all state level elected people

Senator John Morse facing recall effort over gun laws | koaa.com | Colorado Springs | Pueblo |

State Senate Democratic President John Morse, of Colorado Springs, is facing a recall effort for his support of controversial gun control laws.On Friday the Basic Freedom Defense Fund (BFDF) formed a local committee for recalling Morse, the group claims around sixty-volunteers representing state organizations and local businesses have pledged support for the campaign. The effort was inspired by several laws proposed by democrats that would put tighter restrictions on guns including expanded background checks and limits on ammunition magazines.
    "That's why politicians around the country don't want to stand up for this issue, but this is a political hill in my view that's worth dying for so that we can make sure others don't die literally at the point of a gun," Morse said on Sunday. "I wasn't expecting things to get this divisive, I really thought that after Sandy Hook even the NRA recognized we've got to do something, we can't leave it exactly where it is with the status quo and claim that's leadership."
    Morse was specifically targeted because of a measure he proposed that would hold owners of "assault weapons" liable for damages caused by their guns. That bill has since been withdrawn, but that hasn't stopped the BFDF from trying to remove Morse.
    "It really made a lot of people upset, it's an afront to the Second Amendment, it's an afront to the Constitution and it's an afront to the oath that he took," explained BFDF Spokesperson Anthony Garcia.
    Garcia said the recall effort is not a political stunt, the group has already filed a petition calling for the recall of State Representative Michael McLachlan (D - Durango) over the gun issue.
    "If Senator Morse feels that way he might want to give Mike McLachlan a call," said Garcia.
    The Basic Freedom Defense Fund hopes to file the recall petition with the Secretary of State within the next week.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    My wife and I had a cabin in Southfork CO that we used for a vacation home up until about three weeks ago. Sold it.

Whenever we were up there we saw 10 Texas license plates for every 1 Colorado plate. It was a running joke that Texas owned Colorado, we just couldn't vote.

Over the years they have made hunting so hard and expensive that it is not even fun anymore.

I spend my money in gun friendly states only now. The rest of the world can choke on dicks as far as I'm concerned.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Where was everybody and their concern in the late 90's when CA got the bans? The battle for the 2nd should have started then.

Same place you were, I imagine. Personally, I was busy being 17 and flunking the shit out of high school when the Clinton ban came along.

1: People honestly didn't know what was up in '94. A ton of people (even the NRA to a large degree) figured, "let 'em have those weird Rambo rifles. They won't come after my (insert wood and steel hunting rifle or shotgun here)." The amount of recent precedent for where things move hadn't happened in '94. The UK ban, the Oz ban. None of that had gone down. We just weren't aware.

2: Internet. It kinda sorta existed, but it wasn't used to this degree. I can tell you for a fact that the internet has already started to change things in the political world, big time. We're no longer dependent on the mainstream media who are in fact nothing more than a propaganda machine for the establishment. Welcome to the new media: we can get the truth out here. Sure, the signal:noise ratio can go to hell sometimes (and I suspect at least some of it is planned), but at least there is a signal, and there wouldn't be one if we relied on the mainstream, or should I say legacy media.

There is a lot different this time. We're aware, and we're way better organized. Gun owners have changed and the NRA has changed.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    That damn Yankee asking about how yo dick is fix. How rude

I could have told him to go climb a wall made of pussy but then I'd think 'damn I wanna do that' and the inherent insult just would not be there.

FTR: I've met Yankee. He's a great guy but it would take a shit ton of dicks to support his weight.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas

*Completely* different gun culture back then. Very few in the gun community during the '90s accepted black rifles as anything but military arms used to kill people. Vietnam and the shit that our vets received afterwards was still fresh on everyone's mind. People didn't think much of home defense and when they did, it was usually a shotgun or a nightstand handgun. The only people that had rifles were hunters and nobody hunted with things like AR-15s. The only thing the NRA could lobby and get enacted was a sunset clause on the original AWB.

It's our community's thinking that had to change, first, before we could be effective in stopping this sort of legislative action.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Colorado Senate passes raft of gun bills; House Democrat now wavers - The Denver Post

Rep. Mike McLachlan, D-Durango, who proposed the amendment in the House that increases the bill's limit from 10 to 15 rounds, on Monday said he's undecided as to whether he'll again support the measure as it returns to the House, where it passed on a 34-31 vote. The bill needs 33 votes to pass in the House.

"I haven't made up my mind on it," McLachlan said.

I believe the bills have to go back to the House before going to Hickenlooper's desk. Send off emails to the House reps and see if you can change theur minds. McLachlan might have some buyers remorse. See if yall can find others.

I thought this was great!
    Monday's debate followed an even longer one Friday in which the Senate considered seven bills, two of which died on the floor. One was a House bill to ban concealed weapons on college campuses while the other, a Senate bill, would have allowed lawsuits against manufacturers and sellers of assault-style weapons.

Top Bottom