• ...and so much more!
  • acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Howdy folks,

Just a quick note to say I'll be heading up to ASC this morning to punch paper holes in the fog. I'll be the young guy with grey hair and the stainless/synthetic Ruger 10/22. Stop by and say hi.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Didn't meet anyone else up there today but got some good range time in.

The only thing of note was the 20-something that walked in with his shotgun over his shoulder pointing straight back. He swept the whole range during a cease fire. I actually ducked when he walked by.

GWGriggs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Houston
    Surprised they didn't say anything to him. ASC line guys are usually pretty good at catching safety issues and slapping hands.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    The guy in the booth down by the pistol lanes finally said something after the bozo walked in front of him, but that was only after he had swept everyone behind him (10 yard lanes out to 100 yard lanes).

GWGriggs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Houston
    IXLR8 - I have a buddy who recently picked up a Tavor in .223. Been trying to get him to take it out to ASC for break-in (with me along for the ride of course).

We were there Saturday morning as well @ the 50yd, sighting in the wife's .22 Plinkster's new scope and putting a few .35 Rem rounds through the Marlin 336. "Good Golly Miss Molly," but I really like shooting that lever gun...especially with the new Williams peep sights.
    Yep, it was wet and windy, but still a nice day for sending lead down-range.:m16:

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    IXLR8 - I have a buddy who recently picked up a Tavor in .223. Been trying to get him to take it out to ASC for break-in (with me along for the ride of course).

We were there Saturday morning as well @ the 50yd, sighting in the wife's .22 Plinkster's new scope and putting a few .35 Rem rounds through the Marlin 336. "Good Golly Miss Molly," but I really like shooting that lever gun...especially with the new Williams peep sights.
    Yep, it was wet and windy, but still a nice day for sending lead down-range.:m16:

Give me some advance warning and maybe we can trade a few shots some weekend. I usually have something interesting with me. I just got my stamp for my AAC MK 13 suppressor, and a mount for the SCAR 17. I have been itching to give it a shot. I have a membership at ASC, it really is a bargain for a nice range.
    If you or your friend wants to try the Tavor 9mm let me know.

Last edited:

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    We should do a Houston range day there in the near future.

I hope to have my AR together by the end of next week.

I might also be heading out with one of my girls later this week.

MK

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

kotetu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Houston
    I haven't been to ASC yet, just an indoor range. Last outdoor range I went to was Angeles Shooting ranges in Sunland, CA.

Last edited:

556nutt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    N. Houston
    We should do a Houston range day there in the near future.

I hope to have my AR together by the end of next week.

I might also be heading out with one of my girls later this week.

MK

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

That sounds like a plan. Its gonna be hard with the whitebass fixing to spawn but a shoot sounds good. Either at ASC or anywhere. I love the 600 though.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    That sounds like a plan. Its gonna be hard with the whitebass fixing to spawn but a shoot sounds good. Either at ASC or anywhere. I love the 600 though.

Good luck getting this guy to shoot any time soon. I already tried to sink his boat, but he found the leak!

Top Bottom