• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I almost forgot about this little gem with Leatherman..that I find way more agreiius than what Benchmade did.

They filled a large order by the ATF for multi tools with "Always Think Forfeiture" on them.

It caused a big stink and they were never issued..but still.
    Leatherman had no problem with it.

Guns International

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Please provide a list of everything you own and consume so we can pick it apart and see how deep your convictions go...otherwise you may want to keep accusations like that one to yourself.
    He has a point. We can't have our way with everything, but it's super easy to boycott Benchmade, because there's a ton of companies making great folding knives.

We'll talk all sorts of shit about BRCC, but benchmade gets a pass?

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    He has a point. We can't have our way with everything, but it's super easy to boycott Benchmade, because there's a ton of companies making great folding knives.

We'll talk all sorts of shit about BRCC, but benchmade gets a pass?
    The virtue signaling "no convictions" stuck in my craw a bit. We all make our choices, that particular statement had a holier than thou stink to it.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The virtue signaling "no convictions" stuck in my craw a bit. We all make our choices, that particular statement had a holier than thou stink to it.
    It's about as close to virtue signaling or being holier than thou as "If you boycott every company you don't like, then you are going to be cold or hot depending
    on the weather. Hungry and thirsty, walking naked."

We're talking about a single knife company, not every company that builds houses or makes clothing.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Says the guy that has no conviction, apparently.
    What cell service do you have?
    What vehicle do you drive?

I dare you to answer those questions honestly to yourself then look at the donations to organizations by the those companies.

With your level of conviction you may be walking and looking for a pay phone.

It's easy to point fingers at someone else for their choice and not really examine our own choices

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'll not buy another Benchmade.

I'll alert the media and Benchmade!! I'm sure both will want to know!!

steve-carell-laughing-8eq1089z5ydjpzse.gif

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    What cell service do you have?
    What vehicle do you drive?

I dare you to answer those questions honestly to yourself then look at the donations to organizations by the those companies.

With your level of conviction you may be walking and looking for a pay phone.

It's easy to point fingers at someone else for their choice and not really examine our own choices
    Even your American made products generally have some parts from other countries.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    did you inform bench made? becuase if you didn't it's pretty much just an empty threat!
    Generally when I decide to stop buying a product, I like to go to their website and leave a message or use Google reviews.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Choose your battles. There are certain products and certain stores I refuse to use. Depends on how grievous the issue is. I don't know all the slights that every company has made towards it's consumers, and sometimes I forget.

I can say I've quit buying Levi's, Gillette and Coca-cola products.

I don't own any Benchmade knives, and can't say I have wanted to. Not because I didn't like them, just I have found better for my needs.

I wish I could say that my boycotting has made a difference, but if it has, I haven't noticed.

On the other hand, I don't keep a list of all the products I should be boycotting. I've just found something different to replace them, and as it is today, maybe I should be boycotting them too.

Fletcherjl

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    Benchmade makes great knives. The don't have China made models anymore. Chris Reeve is too high and ZT in owned by Kershaw that makes knives in China. I don't agree with many things Benchmade has done but I feel better about them than any company that makes anything in China. Just like I don't agree with everything Trijicon does but Holosun is made.....so I still buy Trijicon.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Says the guy that has no conviction, apparently.
    He’s right though. A challenge to everybody here, me included. Take an inventory of everything you’ve got, every service you subscribe to. Odds are, a good % are branded by companies that don’t hold the same values as we do. The best we can to is to not support the most radical of the bunch. I moved from Levi’s to Wrangler because Levis was so vocal about their beliefs. Does Wrangler follow the same belief? No clue. The difference is, they do not ram their views down my throat. Same goes for Nike. I changed to Fila a few years ago for the same reason. I’ve made a lot of adjustments in my spending habits, moving from the vocal liberal companies to those who just want to run a business.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Generally when I decide to stop buying a product, I like to go to their website and leave a message or use Google reviews.

Isn’t Google one of the companies we should be avoiding? Lol

Edit: That’s kind of what I was alluding to earlier. For some products, there’s limited alternatives

Top Bottom