• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Just asking as a group if our collective outrage has faded any in the 4 years since the company was shown to be assisting the Oregon City PD to cut up some long guns so they would fit into a shipping box that they were sending to a 3rd party contractor the PD uses for evidence destruction.
    Here a link to the story, in case you forgot

When I heard it, I owned about 4 Benchmade knives at the time.
    Since then I have sold or traded off all but 1 of my favorite flippers

My birthday was in March and my daughter got me a gift certificate to House of Blades in FW.

I was looking at the Benchmades again..damn tempting.. but that nagging thing they did still fester inside me..although not near as strong as it once was.

Over the years we have had plenty to be pissed off about.

There isn't a vehicle made today that you are driving that the company hasn't donated or supported something you are against. Gay bullshit..trans..donating to Democratic causes..

Remember the whole thing about Black Rifle Coffee hiring an executive that donated to Biden/Obama? Yeah..don't forget that one..

And now we have Bud Light to add.

Anyway, if a member here were to buy a Benchmade would they get permanent ban? Or could a GOA donation offset that infraction?

It's hard to keep track of everything to be mad at at!
    Gun Zone Deals

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I'm not mad at Benchmade however they last dozen or more knives I've bought were from Protech. I previously had purchased several Benchmade knives and liked their products.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I haven't bought anything from Levi's since 2018:

And my knives are Swiss made or milsurp, preferably both.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I haven’t bought a benchmade knife since long before that happened, and I don’t drink black rifle coffee, or bud light.
    Those are all good choices
    I'm betting that the corporation that made the vehicle you drive has donated or supported something you hate and I know your cell provider has.

We just can't get around it anymore is what I'm getting at.

It sucks.
    Only a few companies have kept true to my values

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I'm betting that the corporation that made the vehicle you drive has donated or supported something you hate and I know your cell provider has.

It sucks.
    I don't normally search the values of companies, however when they choose to make them known, then they will influence my choices.
    I prefer Protech products to Benchmade products. I prefer Shiner to Bud. The decisions of these companies wasn't a factor in my choices.

Last edited:

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

It sucks.
    You’re probably right. It would be very time consuming to see who has ever donated money, or aided in what. But when they throw it in our face then often times it’s easy to just cross them off the list. Luckily with knives, coffee, beer, etc, there are a lot of choices, but when it comes to half ton trucks, not so much.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    You’re probably right. It would be very time consuming to see who has ever donated money, or aided in what. But when they throw it in our face then often times it’s easy to just cross them off the list. Luckily with knives, coffee, beer, etc, there are a lot of choices, but when it comes to half ton trucks, not so much.
    Agreed

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I agree with most of what has been posted so far. I was really upset about Benchmade and swore I was done with them. However, 6 months or so ago when I was knife shopping, I caved and bought another Benchmade. I tried several knives at multiple locations, and kept coming back to the same Benchmade auto knife.

Of course @vmax already knew this because we discussed it at the time. I‘m starting to think this whole thread was just a way to bait me out and make me confess it to the crowd.

jason237m

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2023
    DFW
    This story reminded me of my great uncle. He was a colonel in the army during WW2, after the war, he was running a group that was destroying unwanted weapons, huge piles of them. MG42s, Kar-98s, shotguns, everything you can imagine. They would start by lining them up on the ground and running a torch down the line, melting each one in the center. He often joked about how much those would be worth today.

He saw one particularly nice Winchester pump shotgun that was set to be destroyed and kept it for himself. Somehow it ended up with him back home in Oklahoma with all the US gov't markings etc., he just said "I was in charge, nobody asked any questions". He passed away several years ago now.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Of course!!!!

Neither do I watch NFL etc. And all the other crap corp heathens and wokesters. Too many to list.

But I don't call it boycotting, tho it may be. Specifically not organized boycotting via cancel culture. It's just that I won't support any of these traitors by watching or buying.

Once they've burned me or the country, there is no going back for me. Will never ever change my mind or forgive!!!

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Good products.
    Better customer service.
    Questionable politics.

Sometimes have to settle for the best two out of three.

I currently have four Benchmade knives and just sent one in under their Ever Sharp program.
    I got it back with new scales, springs, and assorted small parts. And the original blades sharpened better than I could have done.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Of course!!!!

Neither do I watch NFL etc. And all the other crap corp heathens and wokesters. Too many to list.

But I don't call it boycotting, tho it may be. Specifically not organized boycotting via cancel culture. It's just that I won't support any of these traitors by watching or buying.

Once they've burned me or the country, there is no going back for me. Will never ever change my mind or forgive!!!
    I don't watch NFL either, but then, I never did.
    On the other hand, I have and still do carry my Benchmade Boost.

As mentioned previously. Best two out of three.

If I only supported those that I don't have disagreements with, I would be quite rich because I would never spend a dime.

Top Bottom