• ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    1000019492.jpg

I just wanted to report back about these Rothco Vmax lightweight boots I got this past spring

They have held up tremendously
    All I did was add a $10 pair of memory foam inserts and I have loved them
    I wear them most of the weekends and the soles have held and I have zero complaints
    Rothco got these right
    ARJ Defense ad

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I'm a fan of Bellville.

I'm at 9 years of occasional duty use with one pair and just got a non goretex model since it really doesnt rain enough here to need goretex imo.

Very happy with them and their durability. A little more upfront cost than bates or underarmour, but 10x the durability.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I've hemmed and hawed about buying some danners for years but never have pulled the trigger. I have a few pairs of decent boots that really never see too much use. I wear composite toe sneakers for my everyday job as a mobile mechanic. The last pair of Bates combat boots I bought are pretty comfy although a little taller than I prefer.

One of these days I'll treat myself with a pair of danners or redwings.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    View attachment 422137

I just wanted to report back about these Rothco Vmax lightweight boots I got this past spring

I wear them most of the weekends and the soles have held and I have zero complaints
    Rothco got these right

Glad to hear you're enjoying them, but wearing cheap boots in the field is like putting cheap tires on a Ferrari...a decision you will eventually regret!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I like having options, and if you use some ingenuity you can get decent boots at a great price. I didn't pay over $100 for any of the pairs in this picture, and all were new or in like new condition when I bought them!
    20231224_135712.jpg

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Glad to hear you're enjoying them, but wearing cheap boots in the field is like putting cheap tires on a Ferrari...a decision you will eventually regret!
    When will I regret them?
    Next year?
    Year after that?

After a point in time the $ spent is worth it to me if they last and feel as good as these do.

I heard a guy say one time that a good deal is one where both parties are happy.
    I'm happy..Rotho is happy.
    Thats a good deal I guess.

I'm also very happy for you and your choices made in boots.

Hell I guess everyone is happy
    Merry Christmas

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    When will I regret them?
    Next year?
    Year after that?

After a point in time the $ spent is worth it to me if they last and feel as good as these do.

I heard a guy say one time that a good deal is one where both parties are happy.

Merry Christmas
    Much like I wouldn't trust Vortex or Holosun optic as my combat optic, I wouldn't trust rothco or even bates boots when I need them. I've seen too many unforced failures with these brands to trust them when it counts.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Any boot is going to wear out eventually, especially if they get wet on a consistent basis. I haven't worn a tactical style boot in a few years, but I'm sold on Ariat Work boots. Don't expect them to last years, but they have been solid boots for me.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    When will I regret them?
    Next year?
    Year after that?

Merry Christmas

I guess for sitting around on the couch they'll suffice, but if you ever had to actually depend on them in rugged terrain or over large distances, you might find it makes sense to spend a little more money and buy a quality boot!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I guess for sitting around on the couch they'll suffice, but if you ever had to actually depend on them in rugged terrain or over large distances, you might find it makes sense to spend a little more money and buy a quality boot!
    Let me add that I am no snob for less expensive options. If they work for you awesome!

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Not trying to speak for @vmax here, but I hade a pair of Bates duty boots that didn’t survive more than a dozen trips out there where he’s wearing those. The rocks out there wore the tread down so they looked like racing slicks. The Hi-Tec’s I bought last time seem to be lasting a little better.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Well as he turns out folks..MMM isn't happy after all.

He can't just be satisfied with his decisions alone ..like the time he willing registered guns to the ATF and then bitched about it for most of this year online, but hey..that's another thread.

Last edited:

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    View attachment 422137

Rothco got these right
    So let's recap shall we? You wanted boots that didn't make your feet hot, around $100 or less? You got want you wanted, they have lasted over 6 months, and your happy. Sounds like a win win to me.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well as he turns out folks..MMM isn't happy after all.

He can't just be satisfied with his decisions alone ..like the time he willing registered guns to the ATF and then bitched about it for most of this year online, but hey..that's another thread.

Honestly, I couldn't give a rat's ass what you put on your feet. By the photo you posted, you seem to need more support for your ass as it seems you spend more time on it!

And I'm glad you're so interested in my life, it shows how dull yours must be!

My point in this thread is to deter anyone who actually needs functional footwear to not fall victim to buying cheap Chinese shit.

If that's all you need or can afford, then bless your heart; but from someone who needs boots to function at a much higher level, I know better than to waste my time and/or money on such "deals."

Top Bottom