Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Sorry I just cant resist

crocs.jpg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Looking for some tactical boots that won't burn my feet up in summer ?
    Budget is around $100

Whatcha got?
    They are as good as any in that range. I had a pair last about 18 months when I was walking more than a few miles a day at the prison.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Had a pair of Danners while I was enlisted. Good boot for the price and I am hell on footwear. They held up for a few years before i tossed them. Very comfortable for me. Got me thinking that I would like another pair now. Also heard good things about the Bellvilles from soldiers, but never tried them myself.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Danners makes great hard use work boots and winter boots. Never wore anything they made for hot summer use.

My limited use with summer boots in the Military and Police work was Oakley, Rockey, Under Armour, Merrill, Timberline.

Not impressed by Oakley or Under Armour.

Rockey and Merrill had some great stuff (Sv2/MOAB). Timberline Pro stuff was good not great.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Danners makes great hard use work boots and winter boots. Never wore anything they made for hot summer use.

My limited use with summer boots in the Military and Police work was Oakley, Rockey, Under Armour, Merrill, Timberline.

Not impressed by Oakley or Under Armour.

Rockey and Merrill had some great stuff (Sv2/MOAB). Timberline Pro stuff was good not great.
    My experience with under armor boots have not been negative but middle of the road.

If I’m on a budget I won’t feel bad. My under armor boots are beat to hell but holding up. Stitching is holding up.

Im curious to see how long they go. If they make it a year im cool with that. They see on average 60 hours a week of hard use inside and outside an armored truck. The toe sees a lot of use.

We beat the hell out of our gear. That’s why I use a third gen Glock. Doesn’t hurt my feelings dinging it up. They gave me a new vest and I’m in it as long as my boots. Everything we touch gets beat up fast. So I’m not too fast to dismiss under armor boots yet.
    241E5A23-D9BC-4253-947B-D3944FE17FA1.jpeg

I had a second set of Merrill’s. That set was trash for some reason.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    My experience with under armor boots have not been negative but middle of the road.

If I’m on a budget I won’t feel bad. My under armor boots are beat to hell but holding up. Stitching is holding up.

Im curious to see how long they go. If they make it a year im cool with that. They see on average 60 hours a week of hard use inside and outside an armored truck. The toe sees a lot of use.

We beat the hell out of our gear. That’s why I use a third gen Glock. Doesn’t hurt my feelings dinging it up. They gave me a new vest and I’m in it as long as my boots. Everything we touch gets beat up fast. So I’m not too fast to dismiss under armor boots yet.
    View attachment 388711
    I had a second set of Merrill’s. That set was trash for some reason.
    I'll bet the vest stinks..my last vest was nasty in the AZ heat.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Looking for some tactical boots that won't burn my feet up in summer ?
    Budget is around $100

Whatcha got?
    Won’t be Danner. Have two pairs of American made Danner boots. They were $300 a pair. One pair I wore when I was a ranger in the BCP working for the City for over 5 years. Abused the hell out of them and sent them back to Danner to be rebuilt.( I think it was $100 for the rebuild) while I was waiting for them to come back I bought another pair.

Amazing boots. Buy once/cry once. You will not be disappointed.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Go on ebay and search usmc hot weather boots. I get pairs of boots off of there for $50-70. They are usually $300ish and last for years

Top Bottom