Target Sports

Anybody else interested in creating a "banned" area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Once upon a time, another forum I used to visit set up something like this. Only admins/mods were able to post in the forum. All that was posted was a brief synopsis of why the user was banned. It helped answer the questions about disappearances I keep seeing surface here.

If only the mods/admin could post in the thread it would simply lead to threads being started in other areas by those wanting to discuss the issue.

Like this thread for example. (No offense, Cam)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

Sock Puppet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2015
    What is the value of answering those questions?

For one, it stopped the "Hey, what happened to XXXXX". It also helped reinforce the line between acceptable and unacceptable behavior. Different forum. Different purpose. Different audience.

Don't know if it's the right thing there. Personally, I've noticed lots of those banned after the fact. Somehow I seem to miss their meltdowns. I've wondered what happened, but always assume that it's none of my business. Not my house. I'm just a guest here.

Sock Puppet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2015
    If only the mods/admin could post in the thread it would simply lead to threads being started in other areas by those wanting to discuss the issue.

I'm just offering one option. I don't really get a vote. And...beyond idle curiosity, I don't really care.

AustinBR

BayouShooter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2017
    Here and there
    I imagine many of the people banned are relatively new and not those that anyone would really care about, anyway. Such as the paintball idiot that was banned last week. I don't think anyone knew who he was before that and likely wouldn't want to inquire about a ban. As for people who have been here awhile, if they get banned, it's likely that everyone will know why, anyway.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    It’s pretty easy to keep from being banned here. Hell, I got banned once and changed my name. Easy peasy. See if I make that mistake again........ Wait, did I say that out loud???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I am a but surprised there isn't an official "Butthurt" TGT form........

Top Bottom