• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I shot for our university team. It was a great way to stay sharp for dove season while shooting free lead and targets.

I'd buy an o/u. Just think they're beautiful.
    Target Sports

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Olympic medalists all shot O/U if that's any indication.. And they were allowed to begin with gun at shoulder.

First part of your statement is correct, the last part is not. The gun cannont be mounted until they see the bird.

Olympic skeet is considered by many to be the most difficult of the three Olympic disciplines; this is due to the fact that the ready position means that the toe of the stock must be touching the body at a line affixed to the skeet vest level with the natural drop of the elbow...................................

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Century Gothic, Tahoma, Arial]There are strict rules governing the ready position and no shooter is allowed move to mount the gun until the target or targets are released, if they do, the referee will call a no bird and issue a warning (Yellow Card) should the shooter repeat the offence a target will be lost. Targets can be lost for other infringements to the rules such as foot faults and time faults. [/FONT]

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I guess NBC was broadcasting something else that you were watching. I didn't see skeet, just trap. All the trap shooters at Olympics started with gun at the shoulder.

Yeah just skeet, that is why I posted what I did at the bottom, the rules of skeet. Saw you did not include that in your reply, but it was there.

Bambulance Man

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Texas, Fate
    lol most people just look at me funny when i go shgoot trap or skeet. as this is what i shoot with, >.> 1WCzq.jpg

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Well thanks for keeping on topic :rolleyes: but any who, just picked up the Beretta A400 Xcel Sporting. Fantastic shotgun and very glad I went semi auto. The O/U are pretty, but you also pay for that glamor. Did some skeet today, that is wayyyy harder (they are Olympic speed I believe because there was a guy that was former Olympic training there) than the manual target throwers which I thought I mastered. Even with fast shot you still have to lead quite a bit. Switched to trap so I could actually break clay. Any Fort Worth area skeet trap shooters?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

aattaway

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Georgetown
    Sweet gun! I shoot with a 12 gauge Citori, a 12 gauge Benelli Super Sport, and on occasion, a 20 gauge Benelli Montefeltro. I was shooting skeet today, and do so-so. I was on station 7, shooting the low-house single. I clearly missed the shot (the easiest on the field), but after the shot passed the clay, the wad hit the bird and broke it. It was the craziest thing I have ever seen!

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Sweet gun! I shoot with a 12 gauge Citori, a 12 gauge Benelli Super Sport, and on occasion, a 20 gauge Benelli Montefeltro. I was shooting skeet today, and do so-so. I was on station 7, shooting the low-house single. I clearly missed the shot (the easiest on the field), but after the shot passed the clay, the wad hit the bird and broke it. It was the craziest thing I have ever seen!

That's hilarious. We were screwing around last outing and doing both trap and skeet simultaneously. Three birds in 3 different directions is a fun challenge to say the least!

aattaway

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Georgetown
    I live in the Austin area (Georgetown) and a group of us will go out to a piece of property that has a range set up with two high houses on the left and right and a low thrower set in the center. They have a control panel that allows a person to throw whichever house that they want. Three shooters will spread out in a line and shoot at whatever the guy operating the panel throws. It's not trap, it's not skeet, and it's not sporting clays, but it's a lot of fun. This always a kick to try.

TinKnocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Wichita Falls, TX
    I live in the Austin area (Georgetown) and a group of us will go out to a piece of property that has a range set up with two high houses on the left and right and a low thrower set in the center. They have a control panel that allows a person to throw whichever house that they want. Three shooters will spread out in a line and shoot at whatever the guy operating the panel throws. It's not trap, it's not skeet, and it's not sporting clays, but it's a lot of fun. This always a kick to try.

That sounds like a lot of fun. We do something similar on a friends ranch. We have a cabin with a large patio and under the patio there are three throwers on wobblers. We also use a skytrack (type of large fork lift) to raise a thrower above the front of the cabin that throws the clays over the cabin toward our field of fire (sounds a little crazy I know lol). Tons of fun.

As for shotguns, I've used a Browning Silver Hunter semi-auto, an 870, and a couple of B gun O/U's (not mine). I ended up just recently getting a Yildiz O/U in 12 gauge from Academy. After adding a little bit of weight in the butt and a limb saver it is a joy to shoot. I did initially catch hell from my buddies that all shoot high end B guns but they quickly shut up after taking turns shooting it. For the money it's a nice O/U, and contrary to what some O/U snobs say regarding reliability of inexpensive O/U's I've put almost 2 thousand rounds through it without a single malfunction of any kind.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Which version Yildez? The recoil is so much softer with a semi auto, especially with that Beretta kick off. Can shoot all day long with little fatigue.

CaptHowdy

Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    Houston
    I'm a skeet addict. Went through a lotta O/Us over the last 12 years. Shooting a Krieghoff K-80 30" with Briley sub-gauge tubes now. I'll probably shoot this one till I'm gone. Also added a PFS (robo-stock) this year and love it.

Having said that, my most teasured skeet gun is my Remmy 1100. Old Trusty has been in a few shoot offs.

gmctrucks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Hey guys I bought a old J C Higgins Model 20 12 gauge that is set up for skeet shooting I even found all 3 chokes I can't want to try it out.

I found mine at a Pawn Shop so keep your eyes open.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've always wanted an O/U and I'm saving my meager funds for a Browning Citori. I'd like to trade for one as it's on my "bucket list" and I'm not getting any younger!

Been shooting a Remington 1100 semi auto and 870 pumps (always in 12 gauge) for decades. I absolutely LOVE the 1100 shotguns! The semi auto dampens 55% of the recoil and is reliable as a rock! The Remington 1100 holds the record for firing rounds with no cleaning, maintenance or oil without a single malfunction. Many manufacturers have tried to break the record and even Remington failed to break it with their other models. The record? 24,000 rounds without a malfunction!

My friend and I went out busting clays and we both shot Mossberg 88 Mavericks. I ended up with a nice bruise on my shoulder. It's Hell getting old so I'm staying with my 1100's!

Flash

Last edited:
    Top Bottom