• ...and so much more!
  • Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    demotivational-posters-smartphones.jpg

That was amazing!

I am awaiting the Galaxy SII and the Bionic or equivalent Droid soon. Still rocking the crusty Blackberry.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Don't get your hopes up on the bionic. It will run MOTO blur which is a memory hog!

If your looking for a good 4G phone on VZW, I'd recommend the Samsung Charge. I love my HTC Thunderbolt, but my charge has better battery life and an insane screen.

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    Motoblur...cmon man thats why you root!

As for the charge, we had way to many exchanges. All the 4g stuff has issues with battery life as it is.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    My thunderbolt battery is pretty bad. But my charge is fine even with my corporate email active. I've seen a lot less exchanges on the charge than the thunderbolt. But also, its about setting the expectations. You can't drive a Corvette and get hybrid gas mileage. That power comes from somewhere.

Which location do you work at?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Thread revive!
    So....I had my new Razr for about 6 months and today I dropped it in a parking lot from about 3 feet off the ground and the screen shattered. Phone still makes noise but no visual. In short: phone is done. I really liked that phone too. And I didnt have the insurance....doh!

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I have a T-Bolt and the battery life isn't great, but gets much better if you go into the settings and turn off 'Background data'. It's kind of a pain though because the Android Market (now called Google Play) will make you turn it back on to run, and mail and other apps won't sync automatically. It's worth it to me to manually sync stuff and get almost twice the battery life.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I have a T-Bolt and the battery life isn't great, but gets much better if you go into the settings and turn off 'Background data'. It's kind of a pain though because the Android Market (now called Google Play) will make you turn it back on to run, and mail and other apps won't sync automatically. It's worth it to me to manually sync stuff and get almost twice the battery life.

Have you looked it rooting it? I have the EVO (same phone really) and I put CyanogenMod 7 on it a it doubled my battery life. I have an extended battery and get 17 hours out of it with pretty good usage. Original battery I would get about 8-10 hours good usage.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Have you looked it rooting it? I have the EVO (same phone really) and I put CyanogenMod 7 on it a it doubled my battery life. I have an extended battery and get 17 hours out of it with pretty good usage. Original battery I would get about 8-10 hours good usage.
    I haven't rooted it, but I'm tempted to just to get rid of the damn Sense UI.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I haven't rooted it, but I'm tempted to just to get rid of the damn Sense UI.

Sense is a nice look, but that's about it. Putting the CM7 on there made it a different phone all together. The amount of features and functionality along with the customizability is astonishing compared to what you have now. Check out the forums at XDA Developers. The only BAD thing about the rooting is there may be a few bumps along the way (backup everything) and it voids warranty. But well worth it if you are familiar with technology.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    i cant stand cyanogen, its too bleh. i tried to like it but ended up with a sense/aosp/aokp blend. my favorite launcher is a toss between apex and nova.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    So I bought an LG Lucid....seems to be ok. Has a super fast processor. I will report back after I put it through some paces.

I think you will like the Lucid. Sleek, fast processor, and an LCD. The RAZR is nice but the amoled screen is dominated by blue pixels so white screens have a grey hue. The Lucids LCD will show more true to life colors for skin tones and white is actually white. Enjoy.

Top Bottom