• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Too bad you don't like the new phone. They are complex, but I use mine for about 200 things now...

Other issue I miss is the ability to link my calender to my wife's. We used to send appointments back and forth to each other daiily so we didnt overbook ourselves. there is no android to BB calender app.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Going to Blackberry is taking a step back. I think the best Android phones are HTC. I've been using my outdate Sprint HTC Hero for almost a year now and it is still very capable. My mom has an HTC Evo 4G and that thing is nice, 4.3" screen and very fast.

I've been using a HTC Hero since Christmas 2009, and still like it but the wife's Evo 4G does kick its ass! I was contemplating upgrading it last Christmas but my oldest boy asked if he could use the upgrade and since he is on the phone a helluva lot more than I am, I let him have it.

But I think this Christmas I might go for a 4G phone. The only thing about the Evo is the size, while I like the bigger screen I wonder how it's like to carry in your pocket (which is where my phone usually is).

Cheers! M2

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    For instance, I am currently trying to use the facebook app. I have wi-fi in my house so I am on a wi-fi signal. Took 2:13 to load the first page of facebook. Tried to send some pics I took with the phone yesterday, keeps telling me they wont send, then last night it finally sent one, it took 5 minutes to send it. this is all while I had a wi-fi signal.

Perhaps its just a defective phone? I took it back to the phone store I bought it from and they did something to it and said it was fine.

I dont want to bash the whole platform, it just doesnt seem to be for me. I need something that works and works right...everytime. My BB did that for me, this one doesn't.
    Unfortunately, just because you're connected to wi-fi doesn't mean the phone will use wi-fi (some are programmed to use the data connection first if it's available). It sounds like this is what is happening with your phone.

As noted, an Android using wifi simply flies.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I think one of the biggest issues is that where I live there is no 4g, no 3g, no 2g.....we only have GPRS (think 1g). Android needs lots of "signal" to work well.

Hey Texas2, sounds like we both live in the sticks. Not sure I follow all your wi-fi connection problems.
    My Samsung Captivate IS my internet connection.
    Both tethered by USB cable and on Mobile AP (I guess this is wi-fi) it randomly drops the connection with no consistant timeframe. I have changed the SIM card, which made no difference and the next day (@ 7/1), AT&T changed out the phone completely, again with no difference.
    I consistently show 2-4 bars of strength on the 3G network as long as the phone is in the window frame. I have a metal roof.
    Two days ago, AT&T transferred me to Samsung tech support (I got to level 3 of ?) which was not yet able to solve the problem but I'm hopeful they are still working on it. At least the email from the tech guy had an address I could respond to.
    Sorry I got winded, is any of this close to your problems?

I've never had a BB but I don't think you should give up on Android to quick. Take care

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    BB doesnt have as many bells and whistles, but it does what most need a phone for and most apps are available for BB...uses MUCH less power. With wifi left on I can go 48 hours before recharging. BB has a dedicated email server that is encrypted.
    My son now has the Android and he loves it.

I am back to my BB and I love it alot more than I did the Android. I gave it a month and it wasnt for me,

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Ok, so I am on the side of the road today working a head on semi vs. semi wreck when the rain comes. My Blackberry gets wet and takes a crap.

So I go to San Antoni tnight and buy a Samsung Galaxy S which is an Android phone and also has a 720 HD video capability.

I have owned BB for years and this android stuff is like geek to me....any tips anyone???

fixed.

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    That will only do you good if you are running 2.1 or older. Froyo, Gingerbread and Honeycomb are actually shown that their battery life is shortened by the task killlers.

Very true. The only task killer I use is the one imbedded in Go Launcher EX, and thats just to kill apps to get memory back on my older Aria. On my new Incredible 2, dont have that issue :)

PS incred 2 users, root was officialy released today
    [AlphaRevX] Public Beta 2 for dInc2 - xda-developers

OUTDOORSMAN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    Alvin
    I have the DROID x2 and it is a great phone I've actually have had android since they have been out and they take some getting used to but are great phones

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    demotivational-posters-smartphones.jpg

Top Bottom