• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Opening the government for 3 weeks isn't caving, it was a slap in the face to Shumer blocking the pay to the Coast Guard. It also opens the EO option. This is not a win for the democrats no matter how much CNN likes to think it is.

I don't think it is a win for anyone right now. You are right, it opens the EO option and that is where this is going. DT keeps spitting in the eye of the democrats so he will have no problem pulling that rigger. It will go to court (the GOP congress is already pissing themselves about it) but it will take awhile which will give time to actually build it.
    DT already knows the Democrats are the enemy and they keep opening their mouth and inserting their foot. He really needs to get a handle on the rest of the govt. agencies. Statists inside the govt. still want to remove him. This is almost like a novel. Treason knows no bounds.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    In the SOTU address DJT will rip the d's apart,and blame them for the shutdown, in between all of their jeering and ridiculing. He will sign an EO and get the wall built. He gave in to help the American people that are not getting paid. DJT is fighting an uphill battle , mostly by himself, without him getting paid. He will come out ahead in the end.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    In the SOTU address DJT will rip the d's apart,and blame them for the shutdown, in between all of their jeering and ridiculing. He will sign an EO and get the wall built. He gave in to help the American people that are not getting paid. DJT is fighting an uphill battle , mostly by himself, without him getting paid. He will come out ahead in the end.
    That certainly is my hope, but I am not as sure as you seem to be.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    As far as those claiming that we don't really need a border wall and that there are other ways is like saying that a bank doesn't need a vault, they just need other security measures. The wall is a deterrent, obviously if and when the wall is built they aren't going to lay off a bunch of Border Patrol. Certainly other security means are also needed, but the border is so porous in many areas, that concentrating other security means would far outweigh the cost of a wall. If there was a wall in all those areas that can have a wall, then it would lessen the security costs to constantly watch those areas, which is near, if not, impossible.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Opening the government for 3 weeks isn't caving, it was a slap in the face to Shumer blocking the pay to the Coast Guard. It also opens the EO option. This is not a win for the democrats no matter how much CNN likes to think it is.

Perhaps, but someone forgot to tell the Dems they did not get a win.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

What SOTU address? I would not be at all surprised if Pelosi keeps playing her petulant games and refused to host the SOTU until a full funding package is passed.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    The media hasn't said one nice thing about our President since he was put on the ticket. You would think that most sane people would understand that. But, it seems that on that side of the aisle there are very few sane people.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Perhaps, but someone forgot to tell the Dems they did not get a win.

True.
    They, like the GOP, are now granted an opportunity to get their respective moderates together and actually accomplish something.
    And they have a rather short time to do it.

That is what middle America, the segment that decides election outcomes, wishes to see.

Hard to believe the 2020 Iowa caucus is 2/3/2020, in about one year!!!

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    interesting thread.

This comes shortly after the bumpstock ban, announcing pulling out of Syria, and Mattis leaving. Needless to say I haven't been ecstatic about Trump in recent months.

On the flip side, maybe there is some crazy truth behind the whole 4D chess all. the nutswingers keep talking about.

I guess we'll have to find out. Lots of dems announcing a 2020 run, I think Kamala might be the biggest threat unless uncle Joe decides to run.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I guess we'll have to find out. Lots of dems announcing a 2020 run, I think Kamala might be the biggest threat unless uncle Joe decides to run.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

I think Trump faces an uphill battle in 2020. But then heck, I did not think he could beat Hillary.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I think Trump faces an uphill battle in 2020. But then heck, I did not think he could beat Hillary.
    true. what we've learned about polls is that they are shit.

midterms were a mixed bag. Beto got way more traction than he ever should. Tarrant voted Beto.

The dems "blue wave" though was more like a kiddie pool. They didn't dominate the house like they thought they would.

I think at this point it's really unpredictable. The only thing we have learned is that there are likely a lot of Trump supporters, and conservatives in general, that won't admit it. And I understand. Despite my recent disappointment in Trump, I have wondered about wearing a MAGA hat. Not really sure I need to be accosted when out with my kids. Especially while carrying and possibly forced to draw. Would be easier to NOT wear a MAGA hat and just... you know. Not constantly defend myself.

Who knows, maybe Trump will turn this train around and start dominating again. Then I'll go buy a MAGA hat and start punching ANTIFA members.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Justified or not......MAGA hats have been associated with and accompanied by a presumption of white privilege and racism as demonstrated by the massive attention the smirking kid on the mall received.

I'll contend that he'd never have made the national news had he been sporting an LA Rams cap!!!

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out. As I’ve said before, we’re way past it being just about ‘pr’ or “optics” - the Democrats know, in order to win in 2020, they can’t afford to let Trump have ANY “wins” - most especially the border wall. Doesn’t really matter what you think about the wall itself, it has become a symbol of ‘the resistance’ and stopping Trump. He’s the one who made it a linchpin of his presidential campaign. And if it can be stopped regardless of what that entails, it will be perceived as a “victory” for the Democrats. And they hope, by the general public for the 2020 election.

This is why I’ve been saying for several months now, Trump needs to focus his attention on how to go around or bypass the Democrats. Maybe it’s just a tactic or ploy, but he still seems fixated on wanting to “negotiate” with them. He doesn’t appear to understand they will not be negotiating on ANYthing - it’s just simply not in their interest to do so. Consequently, he needs to be more careful than ever, in “picking his fights” - don’t enter into situations you can’t win or walk away from {completely}.

His voter base has got to see a wall built - if not, he’ll loose in 2020. And time is running out on him. And he won’t see the money come from a House vote. It means he’s got to try a different method - which, undoubtedly will be challenged in court. He*may* win in court but he can’t afford the time that will take.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Justified or not......MAGA hats have been associated with and accompanied by a presumption of white privilege and racism as demonstrated by the massive attention the smirking kid on the mall received.

I'll contend that he'd never have made the national news had he been sporting an LA Rams cap!!!
    That's where people would get tripped up, I'm filipino.

I was a Buc-ee's once. outside of Houston (not Madisonville, I forget where) and some old white dude in front of me was wearing one in the checkout line. When it was my turn, the cashier, black, said to me "can you believe he would wear that hat in here?"

Me, thinking, yeah, we're in some BFE town in Texas ya dipshit, yells to the old man, "I like your hat"
    It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out. As I’ve said before, we’re way past it being just about ‘pr’ or “optics” - the Democrats know, in order to win in 2020, they can’t afford to let Trump have ANY “wins” - most especially the border wall. Doesn’t really matter what you think about the wall itself, it has become a symbol of ‘the resistance’ and stopping Trump. He’s the one who made it a linchpin of his presidential campaign. And if it can be stopped regardless of what that entails, it will be perceived as a “victory” for the Democrats. And they hope, by the general public for the 2020 election.

This is why I’ve been saying for several months now, Trump needs to focus his attention on how to go around or bypass the Democrats. Maybe it’s just a tactic or ploy, but he still seems fixated on wanting to “negotiate” with them. He doesn’t appear to understand they will not be negotiating on ANYthing - it’s just simply not in their interest to do so. Consequently, he needs to be more careful than ever, in “picking his fights” - don’t enter into situations you can’t win or walk away from {completely}.

His voter base has got to see a wall built - if not, he’ll loose in 2020. And time is running out on him. And he won’t see the money come from a House vote. It means he’s got to try a different method - which, undoubtedly will be challenged in court. He*may* win in court but he can’t afford the time that will take.
    I never cared about the wall, and I was born and raised in San Diego.

Some people are so hell bent over it. I get it... but all I really cared about was guns, pro-life, tax reform, and deporting all the fucktards and beefing up ICE/CBP

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Top Bottom