• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I just think there are better ways to spend $5B for border security. He "tried" to make good on his promise, but let's face it, it was an emotional appeal. We need border security, and a passive wall is not the answer, IMHO.

His comments today about the wall was anything but passive.
    He stated it would be a smart wall with drones.
    Capitol Armory ad

gaines67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2018
    Park City
    8853f3e9c45d615146389a90b4f12a2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 8853f3e9c45d615146389a90b4f12a2f.jpg
      8853f3e9c45d615146389a90b4f12a2f.jpg
      147.9 KB · Views: 468

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    From a state that just approved "full term" abortions. As Cruz stated Gaines67, NY values. What do you expect from a media outlet?

The "full term abortion" was media hype nonsense unaffiliated with the actual legislative verbiage. Don't perpetuate it.

Don't give up on Trump.

He's got an end game.

The "Wall" was always ill conceived.
    Loose a battle to win the war.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    The "full term abortion" was media hype nonsense unaffiliated with the actual legislative verbiage. Don't perpetuate it.

Don't give up on Trump.

He's got an end game.

The "Wall" was always ill conceived.
    Loose a battle to win the war.

Yeah the new NY law is all media hype nonsense - https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ut-also-celebrated-like-it-won-the-super-bowl

How was the wall ill conceived? Are we talking about the bill in 2003, when the democrats supported it in 2009 and 2013, or DT's version?

NY is a chit state run by chit democrats with chit media that is biased. BTW, I am one of the ones here who hasn't given up on him.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Well, it didn’t take the meme writers long...
    df0a2a8d880241558bf892df0c0cd806.jpg

ToddnJoyce, I’m liking the idea of your post #7.

I’m confused. What does “opening the government” mean? It just means it’s a “CR” (continuing resolution), right? It just kicks the can down the road three weeks and then the government shuts down again, right?

It doesn’t mean they’ve passed the annual budget for the 25% of the government that didn’t have their annual budget approved?

So in three weeks, we’re right back to where we were?

Attachments

• df0a2a8d880241558bf892df0c0cd806.jpg
      df0a2a8d880241558bf892df0c0cd806.jpg
      49.7 KB · Views: 323
    Last edited:

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I hear media report on the late term abortion allegation in New York.
    I tend to fact check things.
    https://legislation.nysenate.gov/pdf/bills/2017/S2796
    There is the actual legislation.
    There is no late term abortion wording or clause.

I asked a doc, a buddy that takes care of premature babies in a hospital ICU.
    He points out that after 24 weeks there are no abortions ever known in his 25 year career.
    Beyond the 24 week legislated limit in TX (And now in NY) ending a pregnancy for a woman's health called an induction of labor and there then ensues a full court press to do everything possible for the baby......in TX and in NY.

Yes. New York updated an antiquated law. They brought NY up to where Texas currently stands on the issue.
    Media hype in that link above, typified by the title alone.
    We must be careful what we glean from what we read in such biased media times. I think abortion is terribly wrong but I grow weary of bad reporting.

Last edited:

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    ToddnJoyce, I’m liking the idea of your post #7. Yes
    I’m confused. What does “opening the government” mean? Alleviates the critical positions from worrying for a bit and gets em paid, Coasties, ATC, Etc

It just means it’s a “CR” (continuing resolution), right? Right

It just kicks the can down the road three weeks and then the government shuts down again, right? Right

It doesn’t mean they’ve passed the annual budget for the 25% of the government that didn’t have their annual budget approved? Nope

So in three weeks, we’re right back to where we were? Yea, but it will be on Chuck and Nancy.

============================================

The only move left is to negotiate a deal to avoid a shut down in three weeks. It backs Nancy into a corner worse now, At the end of three weeks they cant say ANYTHING about "Wahhh, Trump shut the government" It appears that at this point Trump opened the govt and threw it in their lap. Not sure what the play is. We'll see how it plays out.

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    See, I disagree. I think in three weeks, it will still be Trumps shutdown. The Dems stood firm, the Reps caved to their demands of "Open the government, then we'll talk," the Dems took the momentum this round. I don't see anything changing in 3 weeks. Pelosi and Schumer are still standing firm on "No wall". In three weeks my bet is they will still be standing firm on "No wall". If the gov shuts down again, it will still be Trump's shutdown for the wall. I don't see him successfully passing blame just because he caved once already. But I guess we'll see.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I don't think President Trump "caved". I see it as part of his plan. One of the things this hand shows is the world sees that the Democrats have no plans other than to destroy the Republicans. In the 2020 elections the Republicans will jump all over the ineptness of the do nothing Democrats.
    In regards to your last part, I think that is wishful thinking. The Democrats and their voter base will not care and actually favor destroying the Republicans, growing the govt., And taking more power. I just wish the GOP would have believed that when they controlled both houses. Wall or no wall,this is their M.O.
    How much can we allow before the Republic is dead and we live in a tyranny? We have sanctuary states, we have the rise of anti- LE, we have masked protesters, we have one party saying f'k certain laws, and out of control spending from an already Statist govt.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    I would like to think that it was part of a strategic plan knowing that he couldn't get it done when the Republican's controlled the House.

Most likely nothing will still get done. There will be no compromise with the Democrats controlling the House and the Republicans controlling the Senate and Executive Branch. The Democrats will force their hand with the purse strings.

The only thing that I can say is if the Democrats get all three branches of government we will all be screwed. Unlike Republicans the Democrats will get stuff done even if it is to the detriment of our Republic.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Trump knew how the Dems have obstructed everything for two years. He knew (or should have known) he would never get the votes - at least not without serious turmoil for some months. Don't start a high stakes game if you are not willing to finish.

If he was going to cave this quickly, he never should have started.

But we all make mistakes.

Schumer and Pelosi have had another success with their obstruction. Keep expecting even more of the same.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I hear media report on the late term abortion allegation in New York.
    I tend to fact check things.
    https://legislation.nysenate.gov/pdf/bills/2017/S2796
    There is the actual legislation.
    There is no late term abortion wording or clause.

I asked a doc, a buddy that takes care of premature babies in a hospital ICU......
    Spoken like a true moderate. "Can't we all get along". No, we can't.

Now why would a leftist controlled media suddenly support pro life with media hype?

Oh, you spoke to your Dr. Buddy? I guess he has never worked for PP huh?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    In the history of the world, Democratic governments have lasted an average of 200 years. We are pushing ours to the limit and as it gets bigger it gets sicker. But, you can't convince the younger generations. As long as they can maintain the current life style. When the standard of living becomes a hardship they will want change. It will be too late by then.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Trump knew how the Dems have obstructed everything for two years. He knew (or should have known) he would never get the votes - at least not without serious turmoil for some months. Don't start a high stakes game if you are not willing to finish.

If he was going to cave this quickly, he never should have started.

But we all make mistakes.

Schumer and Pelosi have had another success with their obstruction. Keep expecting even more of the same.

I agree. Trump knew that the Dems were obstructionists for the last two years and shouldn't have started the game unless he was willing finish it. Trumped blinked and will be mocked for caving in.

How many times in the past has he stated that he was not going to sign funding for the government without funding for the wall?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Opening the government for 3 weeks isn't caving, it was a slap in the face to Shumer blocking the pay to the Coast Guard. It also opens the EO option. This is not a win for the democrats no matter how much CNN likes to think it is.

Top Bottom