• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    I do cars is a great site. Most failures are service related - junk in the oil. Unfortunately he does OLD engines, so no real new reliability info. It is interesting to see how they are put together and come apart.

Rhineland

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2024
    Austin, Texas
    I do cars is a great site. Most failures are service related - junk in the oil. Unfortunately he does OLD engines, so no real new reliability info. It is interesting to see how they are put together and come apart.
    I've seen him do a few new ones. Just saw a Volvo Twincharge and the Hyundai Theta engines.

TobyWillis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2023
    Houston
    I'd just like to say F you and your shit products.

My son's 2018 1500 Crew Cab shit the transmission in Dec.. with 112k on the odo and that cost $4500....now he is stuck in Belton with the AFM lifters failed and the shop there is trying to bend him over for almost double what I paid for the same repair on my POS 2020 Silverado in Nov last year.

I paid $6300 and that included pulling the engine because the cam was scored...
    They want $8000 if no cam is needed and $10,000 if it is.
    He could probably get a crate motor for that.

So his hometown shop in Keller is going to fix it for a reasonable price and I'm leaving at 6am tomorrow for Belton to go get the truck, him and his wife and baby and get tow everything back to Ft Worth

So again a heartfelt FU to General Motors for making $60,000 trucks you sell as work trucks to working people that can't make it 125,000 miles with the engine and transmission taking a dump.

Go right to Hell GM ..do not pass go..do not collect $200.
    Last month my 2014 Silverado with 215k engine blew. Ok fair enough except no parts are available for the V6. With no parts available there are no remanufactured engines available anywhere in the US! I had to buy a used engine. How do you not have parts for a 10 year old engine anywhere.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Last month my 2014 Silverado with 215k engine blew. Ok fair enough except no parts are available for the V6. With no parts available there are no remanufactured engines available anywhere in the US! I had to buy a used engine. How do you not have parts for a 10 year old engine anywhere.

Welcome to the Forum!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    That is a concern for me, as I tend to keep vehicles for a long time.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Screensho.jpg

This guy wasn't happy with the baby Duramax

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    What am I missing?
    GM 5700 (Vortec 350). My last one had 120k on the odometer when I bought it, and 365k when I sold it. Crew Cab long bed 2500 4X4 with a 5 speed. Got 15MPG in city and 22 highway. 12 mpg with a trailer.

GM 7400 (Vortec 454). I put 235k on that one and sold it to get the one listed above. Extended cab long bed 4X4 2500. It got 12 mpg, and didn’t matter if it was city, highway, or pulling a trailer

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    View attachment 442379

This guy wasn't happy with the baby Duramax
    I've seen some tear towns of those failed engines at about 125k miles
    They aren't built to go much past 150,000 without some failure.
    This guy looks like he is having the rear oil pump drive belt replaced which requires taking the cab off and removing the transmission.
    Great engineering

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I still think the transmissions suck worse than the engines.
    They are racing for 1st that's for sure .
    Ronnie Smith Transmission in town said they replace about 12 -15 GM 6 speeds a month and most fail between 90-120 k miles

Top Bottom