• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'd just like to say F you and your shit products.

My son's 2018 1500 Crew Cab shit the transmission in Dec.. with 112k on the odo and that cost $4500....now he is stuck in Belton with the AFM lifters failed and the shop there is trying to bend him over for almost double what I paid for the same repair on my POS 2020 Silverado in Nov last year.

I paid $6300 and that included pulling the engine because the cam was scored...
    They want $8000 if no cam is needed and $10,000 if it is.
    He could probably get a crate motor for that.

So his hometown shop in Keller is going to fix it for a reasonable price and I'm leaving at 6am tomorrow for Belton to go get the truck, him and his wife and baby and get tow everything back to Ft Worth

So again a heartfelt FU to General Motors for making $60,000 trucks you sell as work trucks to working people that can't make it 125,000 miles with the engine and transmission taking a dump.

Go right to Hell GM ..do not pass go..do not collect $200.
    ARJ Defense ad

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Our 2010 GMC Terrain transmission went bad just under the 60k warranty...this was after the skinless oil filter clogged the ports and required an engine tear down. But that's when prices were more reasonable so I dumped it at 59k miles.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    GM and Ford are more concerned about getting EVs on the market than building quality gas powered vehicles.

FJB
    They don’t want to put EVs on the market. Government regulation is making it so they have no choice but to put EVs on the market if they don’t want to give up their profits.

Just like none of them really want to add DEF and DPF filters. Same reason a Ford Ranger is now pretty much the same size and an F-150 a few years ago. Government fuckery.

I don’t have any real loyalty to the manufacturers and they do a lot of dumb shit on their own, cutting corners to cut costs. But much of what we see can be tied right back to some government mandate requiring bullshit that cars don’t need and reduces longevity and reliability.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just bought my 1st Toyota 4RUNNER last month.

But they don't make a 3/4 ton truck
    How’s the fuel mileage?

Wanted one but when factoring the distance driven daily we decided to go with a RAV4 instead. Been happy with it.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    yes they do?

My Ram 2500 / cummins 6.7 is nearly 20,000 lbs
    That's what most people think of when discussing 3/4 ton truck

I get what you're saying..believe me but I'm not going to argue with you whether a Tundra is a 3/4 ton..not in this thread..not in a different thread..not ever..ever.....

So back on topic please

Last edited:

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    I'd just like to say F you and your shit products.

My son's 2018 1500 Crew Cab shit the transmission in Dec.. with 112k on the odo and that cost $4500....now he is stuck in Belton with the AFM lifters failed and the shop there is trying to bend him over for almost double what I paid for the same repair on my POS 2020 Silverado in Nov last year.

I paid $6300 and that included pulling the engine because the cam was scored...
    They want $8000 if no cam is needed and $10,000 if it is.
    He could probably get a crate motor for that.

So his hometown shop in Keller is going to fix it for a reasonable price and I'm leaving at 6am tomorrow for Belton to go get the truck, him and his wife and baby and get tow everything back to Ft Worth

So again a heartfelt FU to General Motors for making $60,000 trucks you sell as work trucks to working people that can't make it 125,000 miles with the engine and transmission taking a dump.

Go right to Hell GM ..do not pass go..do not collect $200.
    I wish all of the ******** would make at least one basic 4x4 without all tech BS

Just bring back the Ford 300 straight 6 with a manual trans and 4 wheel drive. I'll even crank my own windows and get a key out of my pocket to start it!

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    I have owned Ford, GM, Toyota, Lexus, VW, Honda and Hyundai. By far the GM was the worst. As of today the best is Hyundai. I still remember when GM took a full page Wall Street Journal ad apologizing for their cars. I will never go GM again, never. My 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe ultimate has been 100% reliable. My 2014 F250 diesel is pretty good. Gave my 97 F150 to my grandson.
    I don't know how GM stays in business.

Top Bottom