• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Damn, I rarely look at TGTrader, but now I know why... Some of those guys want some stupid amount of info for their records to make a sale. And here is the issue, kind of proving my previous post right.

It starts with a few Nervous Nellies, ignorant or new to selling, asking for all sorts of unnecessary BS. (And yes I'm aware that the site states to get a BOS, that definitely doesn't help.) Soon enough, you have everyone else proceeding them asking for the same shit because they assume it is necessary.

So again, It's threads like this that push back at the myths that many of these people assume are true. A few of yall seem to be getting angry at the fact that this thread even exists for some reason or another. I don't understand why. If threads like these educate just a few ignorant or new folks, then so be it. I can't find any harm in that.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    If people on our side think Bills of sale, or copying personal info, are OK then we've already lost the universal background check fight. That's why BOS piss me off so much. I don't care what two retards do in a parking lot, but I do care about my own freedoms. A favorite Liberal tactic is to find some Fudd and say "look he's a gun person and he thinks it's a good idea" E.g., Bill Ruger.

A firearm BOS should cause outrage. Not because of what it is but because of where it leads us.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    If people on our side think Bills of sale, or copying personal info, are OK then we've already lost the universal background check fight. That's why BOS piss me off so much. I don't care what two retards do in a parking lot, but I do care about my own freedoms. A favorite Liberal tactic is to find some Fudd and say "look he's a gun person and he thinks it's a good idea" E.g., Bill Ruger.

A firearm BOS should cause outrage. Not because of what it is but because of where it leads us.

/Thread

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Damn, I rarely look at TGTrader, but now I know why... Some of those guys want some stupid amount of info for their records to make a sale. And here is the issue, kind of proving my previous post right.

It starts with a few Nervous Nellies, ignorant or new to selling, asking for all sorts of unnecessary BS. (And yes I'm aware that the site states to get a BOS, that definitely doesn't help.) Soon enough, you have everyone else proceeding them asking for the same shit because they assume it is necessary.

So again, It's threads like this that push back at the myths that many of these people assume are true. A few of yall seem to be getting angry at the fact that this thread even exists for some reason or another. I don't understand why. If threads like these educate just a few ignorant or new folks, then so be it. I can't find any harm in that.

Man, I live for those 'once in awhile' crazy postings on Texas gun trader. They are comedic gold every time. As far as a BOS goes, I just say no thanks and move on if the person is hell bent on a bill of sale.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    And I told why I photograph a buyer's ID. It's probably in one of my 3 earliest posts here in this thread. I'm not gonna go search for it.
    With all due respect, you should probably put that you require a buyer to allow you to photograph their ID/DL/LTC ( with what I am guessing is your personal smart phone, not the most secure venue for photo storing, but hey, whatever) in the description of whatever you are selling.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    1349219920.jpg

Attachments

• 1349219920.jpg
      1349219920.jpg
      14.8 KB · Views: 248

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    With all due respect, you should probably put that you require a buyer to allow you to photograph their ID/DL/LTC ( with what I am guessing is your personal smart phone, not the most secure venue for photo storing, but hey, whatever) in the description of whatever you are selling.
    Yeah, cuz that would REALLY bring in those buyers, namean?
    m_ROTFLMAO.gif

Attachments

• m_ROTFLMAO.gif
      m_ROTFLMAO.gif
      9.6 KB · Views: 278
    Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yeah, cuz that would REALLY bring in those buyers, namean? View attachment 163187
    Well, it is one thing entirely if someone wants to “see” proof that you live here or a LTC as “proof” you can legally own a gun but another animal entirely if someone wants to photograph your ID.

Imagine driving an hour to meet someone to buy a gun you have been searching for for a while and their online ad want you to show a LTC. You may grumble but, what the hell, you have been looking forever and finally found the gun you are looking for. Then when you arrive and meet the seller they spring on you that they need to take a picture for their “records”.

Fuckabunchofthat. I would be pretty irate as this little nugget should have been disclosed at the start, not finish.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    In his current ad he stated he wanted to see an ID. Later, after being asked, he said he will take a picture.

Kinda fucked up since he didn't mention it until after an "I will take it" post.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I hope this thread continues into perpetuity.

It keeps me laughing out loud!

I want this...yes/no, yes you can, no I won't, but, but, but and the "Mary Celeste" keeps sailing on......

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    you have been searching for for a while and their online ad want you to show a LTC. You may grumble but, what the hell, you have been looking forever and finally found the gun you are looking for. Then when you arrive and meet the seller they spring on you that they need to take a picture for their “records”.

Similar situation in AR where I told the seller he was welcome to photo my truck plates, as I had already photoed his when he pulled up.

After mentioning that he could (eventually) get all the info from that IF the need arose, and I couldn't stop him anyway, ready cash overcame his initial request.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    We need a sticky thread for TGT Truisms

Never require a BOS...

Never leave a firearm in a vehicle....

Never leave hang tags on a gun you take pictures of........

how many more?

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    In his current ad he stated he wanted to see an ID. Later, after being asked, he said he will take a picture.

Kinda fucked up since he didn't mention it until after an "I will take it" post.

Yea I was kinda disappointed by that. That shotgun would fit my needs perfectly but I don't need a copy of my id floating around anywhere

I think I am going to get a shockwave instead

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yea I was kinda disappointed by that. That shotgun would fit my needs perfectly but I don't need a copy of my id floating around anywhere

I think I am going to get a shockwave instead
    You will not be disappointed with the shockwave. Everyone I have let shoot mine has said “I didn’t think it would be this much fun”

Top Bottom