Patriot Mobile

~$400 to spend on a .22lr pistol. What would you pick?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Im waiting for the stupidity to die down and then im getting an M&P22 to go with my 9mm

Academy has them right. I almost bought one last week myself. I just can't seem to decide on one. I like the Sigs, I like the 22/45 Sig alot. I like the M&P 22. I like the Beretta Neos, but the shorter one. I just cannot make up my mind.
    Texas SOT

remy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Have the neos. Only drawback I have seen is the sights suck and there is no after market for it. If you are putting a reddot on it its good to go. If you want to train with it,it doesnt feel like anyother gun so wouldnt be a good trainer. My next purchase I plan on being the m&p 22 as I have a 40 m&p. Read lots of reviews and have only seen one negative. Getting another mag. Only comes with one and you will have to order one and wait as there is none in stock anywhere as far as I can tell. More rare than the .22 ammo.
    A buckmark with fiber sights is high on my list also for fun but the m&p will be a better trainer for me.
    In my area both are around 380.00

Rmbreset

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Round Rock
    I have the Walther P22 and am very happy with it, have shot about 400 rounds with no issues , I feed it blazer and cci tactical.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Both the Walther P22 and Ruger SR22 are good, I like them both. Man I hope,they start making more .22 ammo, my guns are getting sad.

Rmbreset

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Round Rock
    I know, i'm down to about 200 rnds, I have a case of cci tactical backordered at Cabelas, last quoted date was 2/28 but I have low expectations.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I also have a SW 422 that I've had for 20 years. Great shooter, and its never spit the bit. All of my kids have learned to shoot pistol with that gun. I'm really happy with it, but want something new.

zioxid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Had an SR22, it was pretty good. Sold it and got a Rossi R98 8 shot revolver, liking it much better than the ruger.

scopedope

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Austin Area
    I had a Walther P22 and didnt like it as it was finicky and was small for my hand. Like the looks of it though. Looking at the Sig Mosquito for the size and similarity to full size. Also just found ISSC .22 that I had not seen before. Anyone seen it? I looks like a Glock clone.

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    I have heard good reports for the M&P and the Ruger SR22. I have a Ruger Mark II that shoots better than I but it is not always available.

Top Bottom