• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    First handgun I ever owned was a S&W Model 59. Bought it used from a pawn shop.

First handgun I bought brand new was Beretta 96. Still have it. :)

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    First handgun I ever bought was my Springfield 1911. Gave me problems so I sent it back to Springfield twice and sold it when it got back the second time.

specter77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Bryan, TX
    My dads .32acp. It was a Spanish "Ruby" pistol. I was 12 yrs old and after shooting it I asked for and got a .22 revolver for my 13th Birthday.

Semper Fi

Mike

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    First handgun I ever shot was a .357 Magnum Colt Python, blued with 6" barrel. It was my old man's service pistol back when he was a peace officer, used more than 3 times on duty, and about as many times off. Best part about it was I didn't have to pay squat for it when hed decided the time came for it to be mine either. :P

Last edited:

beenut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    In about 53 I was 7 and my dad let me and my brother shoot my grandfathers on breaktop 38 sw which didn't even have a trigger guard on it.First pistol I owned was a 38 colt spec police which I purchased with mold for the 146 g wc.then I added a Ruger 22 and a friend had a custom 45 acp which I purchased ,This made up my 3 for nra club shoots. Mainly shoot 45 ro now.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    First pistol I ever shot: My dad's Llama IIIA in .380ACP when I was about 9. He put a small target on a tree trunk, stood me about fifteen feet away from it, and let me take a shot. To this day I can't find a mark on that tree...but before long, I had a lot of experience with that little pistol, my mother's Hi-Standard Sentinel 9 round .22LR revolver, and Dad's Charter Arms Explorer .22LR semiauto - he seems to have picked up one of the few examples of that pistol that was accurate and reliable, because it never jammed on me and it hit the target any time I pointed it correctly.

First in my possession: The Llama IIIA, when I moved into my second apartment in college. I told Dad the address, he walked into his bedroom, came back with the pistol and a box of .380 JHP's, and said "Bring it back when you move."

First owned: SIG-Sauer SP 2022 in 9mm. Also the first firearm I ever purchased rather than receiving as a gift or inheritance.

d'Armi Beretta

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    My first revolver was a Smith and Wesson 500 mag. I loved that thing. Unfortunately, it was stolen by my ex husband. My first semi automatic pistol is a 9mm Beretta. It's my new baby. I still miss my 500 mag. though. Someday....

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    My first was a Taurus .357 revolver. Didn't care much for it, so sold it and bought a Beretta 92fs. Then of course the Beretta wanted a bunch of friends to sleep with too...

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    Still have mine, S&W 686+ 4". One of the best gun-related purchases I've ever made.

Also, the first time I ever handled a firearm was in my proficiency exam for my CHL. I got a 235/250. Not bad for first time...ever.

Chilidog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2013
    Along the Yellowstone
    My first was a 1911 while in the Navy. My first bought was a Ruger MKII and my favorite to plink with is a Colt 1851 by Uberti with the model 60 running a close second. The '51 just balances perfect and you don't really have to think about aiming a whole lot. Pretty much just point and shoot and accuracy is more than adequate. BP, lead and caps were fairly inexpensive when I stockpiled so plinking is not an issue as far as expense. Great way to keep your eye and a lot of fun to boot.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    First handgun I shot was my Dad's Ruger Single Six 22MAG. I love Ruger revolvers to this day. First handgun I owned was a 1st gen S&W Sigma.....PIECE OF JUNK! Bought a GLock 22 after that and never looked back!

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    First handgun shot: Ruger Mk II (I think...) .22.
    First handgun owned: Stainless Ruger Redhawk in .41 Magnum, with a 5 1/2" barrel. It was really a sweet shooter. I sold it because I thought I needed the money more than the gun. Lesson learned. Now I never sell guns.

M2 Carbine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2014
    Don't know if I should say this or not but the first, second and third handguns I shot/owned were 22 ZIP guns I made when I was about 12 or 13 (1951).
    We could buy part of a box of 22LR at the local grocery store. Only the "rich kids" could buy a whole box of 22 shells.

My first "store bought' gun I owned was when I was about 16. It was a 38 Webley I ordered from a magazine ad. I think it was about $15. Back then you could order all manner of dirt cheap WWII guns and they were sent to your door.
    My next gun was a Beretta 25 cal. Minx that I ordered from a magazine ad. I don't remember the cost.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ltlavender
    Top Bottom