• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ks123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Hello Ks123: The first thing that I would like to address is that you carry without a round chambered. My friend that is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Please just think about many different situations that you may come across and understand that most gun fights are with in 10 feet or so. That is just close enough for someone (the bad guy) hear the racking of your gun. Just my 2 Cents..... Okay, I have 2 more cents about your thoughts on a single or a double safety. Ask yourself this, if you had to draw and shoot to protect yourself, your family or a stranger, would you be cool, calm and collected just as you were before taking that shot and ending a threat? Absolutely not! You will be a mess in one way or another. Holstering your weapon could pose a problem in this state. Who knows if your shirt or jacket get in the way or if a pack of gum fell inside your holster while you are running around and taking cover in a convenience store. If it makes you feel safer then do it. The XD would be a good choice as the grip safety is released during the holstering. Remember this. You can become accurate with any gun if you practice, practice, practice!

Hello good sir! Thank you for the great reply. I bought a really good holster for my glock 17 (bravo concealment owb)... one that I am very comfortable with and I have been practicing my draw (50-100 reps every night) and re-holster and focusing on keeping my finger out of the trigger guard. The more you do something the more you're comfortable it's not going to go "bang" without pulling the trigger.
    As for that, thanks everyone who posted in this thread (even the ones who essentially called me a pussy).
    Texas SOT

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Coming in very late but I've read the whole thread and am considering it for myself so here is/are my two cents: I just bought a px4 sc for cc because I love my px4 full size; my xdm(hence the handle) or my g19.

im leaning toward my px4 sc but I haven't fired it yet, so there's that part but I do have the G conversion levers.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Coming in very late but I've read the whole thread and am considering it for myself so here is/are my two cents: I just bought a px4 sc for cc because I love my px4 full size; my xdm(hence the handle) or my g19.

im leaning toward my px4 sc but I haven't fired it yet, so there's that part but I do have the G conversion levers.

You don't need the levers if you just leave the safety off. :)

I love my PX4.

Top Bottom