Texas SOT

WTH!!! Phil Robertson suspended from Duck Dynasty....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They can go to another network.

The left is forcing this. Eventually, Christians are going to have to live in Christian neighborhoods, shop at Christian businesses and send their kids to Christian schools. The more we are persecuted the more community we will build and we will be strengthened.

That has happened before. Christians were persecuted, reviled and even crucified and fed to wild animals. That only made their resolve stronger. This, of course, happened during the height of the Roman Empire. But the same still applies today. When the politically (in)correct crowd starts their caterwauling over some perceived slight of a minority of people others end up being blamed for being racist, homophobic, gun crazy or any other number of name-calling tactics. I wonder what would have happened if the Robertson family was Muslim? Do you think A&E would have pissed and whined this way? I find that doubtful because they wouldn't want to "offend" the Muslims and be accused of religious bigotry or discrimination.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    You will always piss off somebody. Get over it. I hope this PC generation is happy. Instead of pissing off only a few people you piss off everybody. WTG

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Honestly I think A&E is using this as a publicity stunt.

It knows the liberals aren't watching this show anyway and the demographic that does will come in Phil's defense and create a frenzy of comments about the suspension.

More folks will wonder what they're missing and tune into the show.

Only honest question I believe is "Is the family in on it?" I could go either way.

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Honestly I think A&E is using this as a publicity stunt.

It knows the liberals aren't watching this show anyway and the demographic that does will come in Phil's defense and create a frenzy of comments about the suspension.

More folks will wonder what they're missing and tune into the show.

Only honest question I believe is "Is the family in on it?" I could go either way.

I'm watching The Five and Dana Perino just said the same thing. She questioned why A&E knew about the interview for three months and said nothing until now, just before their big Duck Dynasty marathon.

Perhaps???

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    There was no uproar so no reason for A&E to comment for the previous months.

Scheduling can be changed in heartbeat so unless TV Guide or similar shows the marathon has been planned for some time, it could have been added yesterday.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    They need to go to a different network.

It's only the most popular show on cable in history from what I've heard. I don't think they would have any trouble finding a new home. The way the current ratings have been, I think even CNN would sign the show up.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I don't know if I'd say it's the MOST popular, but it's up there with the greats for sure. It may be the most popular on A&E-I'd be willing to give it that.

From the statement made by duckcommander.com today, it seems like the family is sticking with Phil and in talks with A&E right now.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Oh no brother...the numbers don't lie. It is the most popular on cable. You can't go anywhere without seeing there swag.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    You're telling me it's got better viewership than Seinfield, The Simpsons, The Walking Dead, King of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Wheel of Fortune, or Who Wants to be a Millionaire? Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead both have HUGE followings. They may be good at getting their product out there, but I still don't know that they do better than anyone else.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    You're telling me it's got better viewership than Seinfield, The Simpsons, The Walking Dead, King of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Wheel of Fortune, or Who Wants to be a Millionaire? Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead both have HUGE followings. They may be good at getting their product out there, but I still don't know that they do better than anyone else.

Cable show. And since this article they have solidly taken the lead.

Undisputed.

http://m.today.com/entertainment/du...ck-dynasty-poised-be-biggest-cable-6C10963174

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Besides, I would bet that even the next most popular show doesn't even come close to the revenue numbers when all the swag is factored in. They got DD duck tape at 7/11, along with all the bobble heads.

Top Bottom