• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Suit could have unintended consequences. Imagine if it is successful and the effect it could have in places that ban lawful carry. B

I don't see any impact on those places, if they provide armed security. Of course, Walmart didn't ban lawful carry, either, so my guess is that would be for another lawsuit to rectify. To date, apparently nobody has mounted a successful legal action against a landowner for not allowing lawful carry.

james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    They may be of the part of the population that cannot have a LTC. Of course, having a LTC or LEO creds is pathetically worthless if you aren't actually carrying the gun, which most people don't do.
    To me why 30.06 doesn't make sense. Someone with criminal intent will not follow the rules, as proven. Why disarm the law abiding and create soft targets for mass shooters to have no challenge.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The way to put a serious dent in wallyworld is to unionize their employees

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The way to put a serious dent in wallyworld is to unionize their employees
    Um, no it wont. Walmart will not tolerate unions or talk about unions anywhere where such things are not mandated by law. They have closed whole stores because employee/union agitators tried to distribute info and discuss unionization.

One store in Canada closed right after voting for unionization and at least 5 in the use for merely discussing unionization. Walmart cited various reason for the stores closing people in the industry and company clearly know why they closed.

Such tactics have been standard in walmart starting with Sam Walton who considered such thing as appropriate responses. IIRC there was a store here in texas the surprised everyone by shutting it down and claiming plumbing problems and LE concerns. You dont close a whole store and strip it bare for plumbing problems and you certainly dont reopen and hire all new staff 6 months later without so much as one plumbers ars crack stepping foot into the store in the meantime.

They are too big and profitable to care about shutting down a couple stores. They see it as good buisness when compared to the cost of unionization.

Just like the ammo sales. They only care about bottom line. They think they will not be harmed by dropping some calibers. If they thought they would loose more money from a lower customer count or market basket because of this they wouldnt do it. They already fought the gun thing out with activist share holders. They only care about bottom line and they are a juggernaut able to withstand alot.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Um, no it wont. Walmart will not tolerate unions or talk about unions anywhere where such things are not mandated by law. They have closed whole stores because employee/union agitators tried to distribute info and discuss unionization.

One store in Canada closed right after voting for unionization and at least 5 in the use for merely discussing unionization. Walmart cited various reason for the stores closing people in the industry and company clearly know why they closed.

Such tactics have been standard in walmart starting with Sam Walton who considered such thing as appropriate responses. IIRC there was a store here in texas the surprised everyone by shutting it down and claiming plumbing problems and LE concerns. You dont close a whole store and strip it bare for plumbing problems and you certainly dont reopen and hire all new staff 6 months later without so much as one plumbers ars crack stepping foot into the store in the meantime.

They are too big and profitable to care about shutting down a couple stores. They see it as good buisness when compared to the cost of unionization.

Just like the ammo sales. They only care about bottom line. They think they will not be harmed by dropping some calibers. If they thought they would loose more money from a lower customer count or market basket because of this they wouldnt do it. They already fought the gun thing out with activist share holders. They only care about bottom line and they are a juggernaut able to withstand alot.
    How many stores until they cave. Fewer than we think, imho

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW

Put on a blue shirt and orange vest and distribute union literature at the nearest store until it closes. Enough stores and there will vr a dent.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I like unions for specialized and skilled trades.

Unions for unskilled labor doesn’t make sense to me...entry-level jobs aren’t careers. They’re temporary employment until you can learn a paying skill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I like unions for specialized and skilled trades.

Unions for unskilled labor doesn’t make sense to me...entry-level jobs aren’t careers. They’re temporary employment until you can learn a paying skill.

What purpose do they serve in specialized trades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The more specialized we become, the less marketable we are.

It’s a way of ensuring that these specialized tradesmen don’t vanish.

Still don't see at all how a union helps even in that situation. If the work is there, jobs can be had. If the work is not there, the union ain't gonna pay you 40 hours every week with no work.

When unions were first started, they were needed. Now? Not so much.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The more specialized we become, the less marketable we are.

It’s a way of ensuring that these specialized tradesmen don’t vanish.

Having a marketable specialized trade should accomplish that. If a trade vanishes it’s likely because there is no longer a market for it.

If there is a market and more demand than supply then it would attract more people due to the ability to demand higher wages.

I don’t see where this creates a need for unions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I don’t think a union should pay folks not to work.

I see skilled trade unions as guild where folks with similar expertise look out for one another.

Just my opinion, YMMV

Top Bottom