Patriot Mobile

Would you buy a 9mm single action revolver?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RevolverGuy

Aug 8, 2013
    Interesting I’m gonna do some research on that you just might of lit my revolver desire again.

I’ve heard it said the later Smith 625s require clips.

My 625-8 PC has more headspace than my old 25-2, but still shoots fine without moons, as has every Smith .45 ACP revolver I’ve ever owned.

RevolverGuy

Aug 8, 2013
    Interesting I’m gonna do some research on that you just might of lit my revolver desire again.

My 625-8 PC has more headspace than my old 25-2, but still shoots fine without moons, as has every Smith .45 ACP revolver I’ve ever owned.

Txdweeb

Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx

Interesting, well after some looking around I’ve decided to get a 4in 357 I’m looking for a deal on a 686, model 19, or gp100 just something good all around use.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    My vote is NO also.

Sounds like fun for plinking, but it is just that and nothing more...
    It will probably be shot once or twice every 5-years and will sit and lose value in the safe.

Also, I personally don't see a viable niche for a firearm like that. IMO, not a good carry gun because there are so many others out there that are better candidates, and a poor choice for home defense.

It's better than a big rock, but my vote is to save your money and get something more practical/useful.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    My vote is NO also.

Sounds like fun for plinking, but it is just that and nothing more...
    It will probably be shot once or twice every 5-years and will sit and lose value in the safe.

Also, I personally don't see a viable niche for a firearm like that. IMO, not a good carry gun because there are so many others out there that are better candidates, and a poor choice for home defense.

It's better than a big rock, but my vote is to save your money and get something more practical/useful.
    1684870564612.png

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    I’d buy one (to accompany my J frame SW)… they’re easier to feed good defensive rounds.

Skeeter64

TGT Supporter
    Jun 22, 2023
    Red Oak
    Love me some 9mm revolvers. Have convertible Rugers and enjoy the crap out of 'em.

Carry the 9mm Speed Six on the ranch for daytime/trail work. carry the 10mm GP 100 to hunt.
    How do you like your convertible Rugers? I have a Cimarron Pistolero made by Pietta, but I think I want a Blackhawk.357/9mm.

Top Bottom