Texas SOT

Would you buy a 9mm single action revolver?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    No. Not anything that has any appeal to me.

I think it would be fun to play with one afternoon while killing dead tree products.

But, buying, no.
    Gun Zone Deals

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble

Pietta 1873 Great Western II Deadman's Hand 9mm Luger 4.75in Blued Revolver - 6 Rounds​

Pietta 1873 Great Western II Deadman's Hand 9mm Luger 4.75in Blued Revolver - 6 Rounds

Pietta 1873 Great Western II Deadman's Hand 9mm Luger 4.75in Blued Revolver - 6 Rounds

pietta-1873-great-western-ii-deadmans-hand-9mm-luger-475in-blued-revolver-6-rounds-1804240-1.jpg

Two Gun Bob

May 28, 2022
    DFW
    for those who've had some experience with rimless cartridges without clips, how big a deal has headspacing been for you? Both reloads and factory. Asking because I'm currently in the design/wishful stages of a new project gun and could go either way. Not limited to 9mm either.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Those are typically purchased by people who put bologna on their peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I would buy one though. Just for the shits. If it fires and stays on target and it shoots cheaper, why not?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Head spacing is not a problem. I shoot factory and reloads in mine. Accurate too.
    Given that most militaries use 9mm, it makes sense. If SHTF, no matter which side you are on, there is likely going to be ammo to pick up. Most other pistol calibers not so much.
    As for the PB&J,,, only if it is quality balogna wood grilled with bbq sauce. No cheap pan fried or cold shit.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Head spacing is not a problem. I shoot factory and reloads in mine. Accurate too.
    Given that most militaries use 9mm, it makes sense. If SHTF, no matter which side you are on, there is likely going to be ammo to pick up. Most other pistol calibers not so much.
    As for the PB&J,,, only if it is quality balogna wood grilled with bbq sauce. No cheap pan fried or cold shit.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Quality and bologna are most definitely mutually exclusive.

Just sayin.

Then again cheap bologna tastes best fried.

RevolverGuy

Aug 8, 2013
    My first CF handgun is a an SA 9mm. Well it could be.

Ruger OMBH .357/9mm convertible.

The 9mm cylinder has never been fired.

I guess it identifies as a .357 magnum.

RevolverGuy

Aug 8, 2013
    If it required moon clips then count me out on that, but yes I’d buy one otherwise.

An SA doesn’t need them.

If the chambers are properly cut, DAs don’t need them to fire, only to extract.

When I don’t feel like screwing with them on my .45 ACP and 10mm revolvers, I just pluck the empties out with my fingernails.

Wish to hell someone would make 10mm AR cases.

Txdweeb

Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    An SA doesn’t need them.

If the chambers are properly cut, DAs don’t need them to fire, only to extract.

When I don’t feel like screwing with them on my .45 ACP and 10mm revolvers, I just pluck the empties out with my fingernails.

Wish to hell someone would make 10mm AR cases.
    Interesting I’m gonna do some research on that you just might of lit my revolver desire again.

Top Bottom