• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Well, I do go home from work .... to an empty and disheveled tent. Never realized I was lonely until your post Ben.

:(
    Military Camp

caleb7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Well, there went 4 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick!" ~ Theodore Roosevelt

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    That's bad....but...........

The series Preppers last night had a rerun about a chiropractor from Houston who has a place in Brackettville he calls the Alamo....

The Chiropractor had the local Sheriff/Deputies (off duty) come and test his family (wife and kids) and their preparedness......

I felt really uneasy about all the LEO's and kids pointing real guns at each other.....that whole episode was full of fail....

One of those Deputies is a friend of ours and I remember him telling us about the episode but I had not seen it. He knows better.....I'm going to bust his balls about it next time I see him....

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That's probably how they trained back when Britain actually allowed people to own handguns.
    Either you watch the show or you're a great guesser. The character of Jack is immortal and grew to manhood during WWII. Lots of stuff he does is deliberately shown as a throwback to 1940s style.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The series Preppers last night had a rerun about a chiropractor from Houston who has a place in Brackettville he calls the Alamo....
    That sounds bad enough that I'm going to have to download it and give it a look-see. Thanks for the tip.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Yeah, that's it......

Wait till you see the deer blind scene......and so many others....

Forrest (Deputy) was on the PD here and in Lampasas.....

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Either you watch the show or you're a great guesser. The character of Jack is immortal and grew to manhood during WWII. Lots of stuff he does is deliberately shown as a throwback to 1940s style.

OSS was using what we'd call isosceles in the '40s.

jedstraining45375.jpg

Not sure what their grip is like, probably the "weak thumb over strong" that dates to two-handed revolver shooting, but with the way some of these gents' knees are bent, weight well forward, chest in front of hips, etc., it's not hard to recognize a pretty darn modern pistol technique being used in that picture.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That's the only thing your trying to figure out?
    No kidding. There's lots to figure out. I even started to list mistakes by time code, like -

• 0:35 Instructor begins with "It's all yours." No safety briefing. No briefing, period.
    • 0:44 Instructor initially loads by inserting the magazine with the muzzle pointed almost directly uprange, essentially pointed just below his armpit.
    • 1:03 Initial firing position taught it one-handed, bladed stance. That would be fine for a beginning ISSF competitor but is useless to defensive training.
    • 1:39 "Hold it firmly. Don't grip it." doesn't even make sense.
    • 1:45 Instructor racks slide while student has finger on trigger.
    • 1:46 Instructor rides the slide forward
    • 2:00 Bladed stance is not being enforced.
    • 2:23 Instructor is allowing "cup and saucer" grip.
    • 2:25 Instructor demonstration of racking the slide includes riding the slide forward with the off hand.
    • 2:32 Instructor uses "off hand holding the dominant hand wrist" grip. Student has shifted forward foot to rear; i.e. yet another stance is being used.
    • 2:50 Student is alternately firing two pistols, one in each hand, no possible aiming, and the instructor seems to be fine with it.
    Then I decided "Screw it." There's too much silliness here to get anything out of examining it too closely. It's just a fantasy. Still, I wonder how many people see crap like this and assume that some minimum standard of research went into it. I see people at the range nearly every time it's crowded using the "off hand grabs the strong hand wrist" grip. I've fired two revolvers simultaneously but I knew it was just for fun and a waste of ammo; I'm sure some people see stuff like this and think it's based in reality. It's no wonder new gun owners do some very, very weird things on the range.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Ben I'm considering putting you on the ignore list for that one. Not only was the gun handling awful, the acting was terrible, the gap in her teeth almost bit me, it was BBC, <sigh> What was with all the one-handed stuff? What? Is it a novelty? Pricks.

Top Bottom