• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    My wife and I have talked about it but what turns us off about Governor Abbott was when he forced businesses to close, and his stay at home orders. It might have been he was trying to save lives but in many peoples opinion it was wrong and illegal. If anything he should have made it voluntary. I also think (no proof) that Abbott only rushed the recent gun laws through and the law forcing trannies to only be allowed to play sports as their birth gender to get votes.
    I gotta admit...West didn't do any of those things.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Aint voting for Beto or McConaughey, jeez.

Anyone who a different Rep gov would have done things different is kidding themselves.
    West says he will work strictly within the constitution, and I think he's sincere. If he's elected we'll see, but just because one group does things a certain way and they are wrong, does not mean we should accept it.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    If he wins the primary, Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto. What more can be said.

If you call yourself a conservative, the race for most folks to consider is the Primary. If the (R) named incumbent can’t be beat in the Primary then the “options” become much more limited.

“Will you vote for Abbott?”
    “What are my choices?”
    “Yes or No.”

Reactions: gll

Tactical Panda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    DFW
    IMO he was talking about the thugs at DPD. Can't say I blame him. People should not let police get away with unconstitutional arrests.
    Did you watch the body cam? Nothing about that arrest was thuggish. Yes, she was later vindicated, but, Adam’s wife’s driving and behavior suggested she shouldn’t been behind that wheel in any case. The arrest and her subsequent victory at trial is proof the system works, not its failing.

All West had to do to walk it back was say, “look, I was emotional at the time, I realize the cops are just doing their job, but I have some issues with the way this went down which we will have our day in court.” Instead, he doubled down and did everything but straight up pull the race card.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Did you watch the body cam? Nothing about that arrest was thuggish. Yes, she was later vindicated, but, Adam’s wife’s driving and behavior suggested she shouldn’t been behind that wheel in any case. The arrest and her subsequent victory at trial is proof the system works, not its failing.

All West had to do to walk it back was say, “look, I was emotional at the time, I realize the cops are just doing their job, but I have some issues with the way this went down which we will have our day in court.” Instead, he doubled down and did everything but straight up pull the race card.
    That's what you call a politically motivated false arrest.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'll be voting for Allen West in the primary unless a better candidate emerges before then. IF Abbott makes the general - then I'll likely be voting for Abbott. Voting demoncrat is out of the question, and I highly doubt a third party candidate could garner enough votes in Texas to win, so voting for the third party would be taking a vote away from the republicans and essentially giving the democrats a better chance for a win.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    IMO he was talking about the thugs at DPD. Can't say I blame him. People should not let police get away with unconstitutional arrests.
    Since you say it was unconstitutional, please explain EXACTLY how her arrest was unconstitutional?

She was driving in an erratic manner, so the officer stopped her.
    That's what you call a politically motivated false arrest.
    And you have what proof that supports that statement, or is this simply your opinion?

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Dallas is a democrat craphole, the police chief is a brain dead democrat, so is the mayor, and she had no drugs or alcohol in her body. Proof enough.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    All politics require compromise. The extent of the compromise is important. Yes, there are things that Abbott has done that I disagree with, but for the most part I completely understood why he did it. Covid was a huge issue and he's had to take a lot of flak from both sides on it. Overall, I think he did a good job. He's been a big supporter of 2A rights, unborn children's rights, women athletic rights, business development, closing the border, and for the police. Yeah, I'll vote for Abbott.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    All politics require compromise. The extent of the compromise is important. Yes, there are things that Abbott has done that I disagree with, but for the most part I completely understood why he did it. Covid was a huge issue and he's had to take a lot of flak from both sides on it. Overall, I think he did a good job. He's been a big supporter of 2A rights, unborn children's rights, women athletic rights, business development, closing the border, and for the police. Yeah, I'll vote for Abbott.
    Did you get forced to stay home? A lot of folks here did, and they still haven't recovered.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom