Target Sports

Will prices on guns, ammo, mags, etc increase after Arizona?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    I moved here from Illinois this summer. I can tell lyou that the anti's will push and push hard. We have been active trying to get our carry rights in Il, as it is the only state without open or chl. When you get a liberal bent cancer it spreads. Chicago has migrated to the northern 1/3rd of the state. If we here or in the rest of the nation allow this anti gun push succeed we will all lose. I can tell you that many nights I would have to get up at night in my weapon in hand because their were gang bangers druggies shooting it out in the street. I could hear gunshots daily and not unusuall for someone to unload a Ak or Ar into a house I lived 60 miles from Chicago but It was just as bad as Chiccago. Only 22 murders this year in a city of 150k. Chicago which had a total ban on handguns and long guns had to be licenses would still have 6-20 murders over a weekend sometimes in less then 24 hours. Gun free, large capacity mags makes no differnce with the criminals.

We have to take a stand because if the whole of the country became as northern 1/3 of Illinois with their politicians it's going to be a mess. Call, email your lawmakers and tell them you want no part of their bans or denying us our free speech. I have gone to tea partys in Illinois with 3000 and upwards of 10,000 people and their was no violence. It's not the freedom loving Americans that cause the problem, but we have to stand up and be heard.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    How do they replace a congressperson? Is there a chance for a Republican to take her place?

Also AZ is an extremely gun friendly state. I could never see anything bad happening in AZ. On a national level we have the house. So I dont see what the fuss is about.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    I just cant seem to grasp their understanding of taking away from the good guys.

Of course you can't understand their thinking; you're a reasonable and decent person. The motive behind the all desires to eliminate weapons doesn't start nor will it end with this tragedy. The true motivation behind gun control is just that - CONTROL. The lemmings on the left are only parroting what they think will reduce crime (in their own naive and illogical way). If I were an elitist in the government and I was greedy for control. I'd begin by passing laws that restrict anyone disagreeing with me, then move to pass laws that prevented them from fighting against me and mine. If you have a strong army in the land (military, police), citizens aren't armed, and citizens can't speak out - you've got CONTROL. Let the citizenry riot all they want, we'll just tear gas them. It's so awesome when you're the one behind the desk with all the guns ;)

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    @ Texas - you won't want to scratch up your nice 1911s or foul up the barrels when the SHTF...while us zombie-thumpin' Glock-tacticool owners will be saving humanity...one plastic gun at a time!!

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    How do they replace a congressperson? Is there a chance for a Republican to take her place?

Also AZ is an extremely gun friendly state. I could never see anything bad happening in AZ. On a national level we have the house. So I dont see what the fuss is about.

The seat will be filled by a Democrat that is nominated I believe by the Gov of the state, you could look back to see what They did with Hilary Clinton's seat after she was moved into the cabinet.

Also just FYI this woman was pro 2A, so while maybe not 100% in agreement with your views. She was on the side of the gun owner.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The seat will be filled by a Democrat that is nominated I believe by the Gov of the state, you could look back to see what They did with Hilary Clinton's seat after she was moved into the cabinet.

Also just FYI this woman was pro 2A, so while maybe not 100% in agreement with your views. She was on the side of the gun owner.

Actually, that varies from state to state. Some have to hold elections while in others the governor can name a replacement. However, Giffords is alive and apparently responding when she's awake. So we're not to that point yet.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I think the Democracts could very easily pass a bill banning magazine capacity, if they were smart.

To be frank, I believe most Americans don't think anyone really "needs" to have magazines with more than X number of rounds.

Top Bottom