Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Pretty sure Tex could have shot himself with nothing more than a banana in a flip flop holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    I suspect this thread should have been closed after post #3.

Todd Jarret showed us that it's not the Serpa:

If you slow down the video you can see how the Serpa positions the finger in the right place, above the trigger and indexed down the barrel.

Tex showed it's about the shooter. In Aug 2010, two USPSA shooters shot themselves in their lower legs in the Austin area. Neither was using Serpa. A man shot himself in his leg at an AASA match in San Antonio- still not a Serpa. A man killed himself accidentally in San Antonio with, as best as can be determined, a botched holster of a loaded gun.

The holster isn't the issue. The person is.

Last edited:

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I suspect this thread should have been closed after post #3.

Todd Jarret showed us that it's not the Serpa:

If you slow down the video you can see how the Serpa positions the finger in the right place, above the trigger and indexed down the barrel.

Tex showed it's about the shooter. In Aug 2010, two USPSA shooters shot themselves in their lower legs in the Austin area. Neither was using Serpa. A man shot himself in his leg at an AASA match in San Antonio- still not a Serpa. A man killed himself accidentally in San Antonio with, as best as can be determined, a botched holster of a loaded gun.

The holster isn't the issue. The person is.

Yeah ok, live long and prosper.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    A poor design is a poor design. If asked by private sector students I point them to better options. Same thing for my LEO students. If the Ford Pinto had the support of the Serpa it would still be in production.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'll be competing from a Serpa Sunday if the weather holds up. CompTac is a bit slow on shipping right now and the Serpa is all I have for the new production gun.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    "You'll shoot your thigh out, kid"

Lol, sorry. Long live Serpa.

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    A poor design is a poor design. If asked by private sector students I point them to better options. Same thing for my LEO students. If the Ford Pinto had the support of the Serpa it would still be in production.

Yet, Serpa is still in production... at least according to what I see on the Blackhawk! webpage. I dunno, maybe they are just selling off what was already produced and I am certainly not privy to the inner decision making at Blackhawk!.

You are absolutely right about market correction.

BTW, John, people can disagree with your position without thinking less of you.

I don't recommend Serpa to students either. I judge it too bulky n blocky. When I see a student with a Serpa we discuss the allegations against the Serpa and how the solution to the alleged problem is the same one for any other holster. Place your finger flat along the Serpa and keep it flat along the frame above the trigger (just below the slide), just like we all should. That's what would have stopped three of the four injuries I mentioned above.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Yet, Serpa is still in production... at least according to what I see on the Blackhawk! webpage. I dunno, maybe they are just selling off what was already produced and I am certainly not privy to the inner decision making at Blackhawk!.

You are absolutely right about market correction.

BTW, John, people can disagree with your position without thinking less of you.

I don't recommend Serpa to students either. I judge it too bulky n blocky. When I see a student with a Serpa we discuss the allegations against the Serpa and how the solution to the alleged problem is the same one for any other holster. Place your finger flat along the Serpa and keep it flat along the frame above the trigger (just below the slide), just like we all should. That's what would have stopped three of the four injuries I mentioned above.

Good post/comment.

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    By the way, Jo[-h]n Payne's resume is impeccable and I look forward to training with him sometime in the future, most likely in a Carry Optics type of class.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom