• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Patrick Sweeney appears to be a squared away guy. I own some of his books and think they're good. On this show he's arguing in favor of the Serpa. I'm sure it's just a training issue...:welcome:

I'll just leave this here.

Last edited:

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I couldn't tell the difference between the 2 linked videos.
    IMO, the finger on the trigger was deliberate to create strife on the interwebz.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    93d55fc168197b884cc95fc20947ff43.jpg

Sent from my HAL 9000

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Where's the full video?

The guy has poor trigger finger discipline and in the video doesn't appear to even engage the disconnect with his finger.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Several of the photos in my profile album show me with my finger on the trigger of my firearm. Those pictures were taken in the early 1980's when things were very different.

I also carried my 1911 on the hammer safety notch for years. Surprisingly, the Milky Way didn't implode because of it.

Further, In the first 20 years of my life, we never knew what a car seat belt or a motorcycle helmet even looked like!

As to my finger being on the trigger, Hell, I was hoodlum! I cared nothing about gun safety or the "right" way to carry and use a firearm. Things were different then and the obsessive nanny observance of safety rules wasn't as pervasive, then.

Before you get all cranked up and offended by the use of "Obsessive" and "nanny" in the text, please note this:

In 2016, I subscribe to and follow all of current rules and regulations. I agree with the "Finger off of the trigger" disciple and the accepted standards for carrying a 1911 with a loaded chamber. I wear seat belts and MC helmets every day and believe that those behaviors are correct today.

BUT...............Liberals believe that guns are inherently dangerous and should not even be allowed to exist. (Insert fart sound here.) Liberals are adamant that all of the shooting sports people are outrageous, irresponsible, gun nuts who swill beer, beat their wives, kick their dogs and endanger society.

SO........let's teach the current methods, adhere to the safety rules, do it "right" but understand that things weren't always like that. Our safety standards are developed in an ongoing process and they'll undoubtedly change again.

For now, a little less righteous indignation might help.

Flash

Last edited:

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast

Yep, this is the whole video. I enjoyed the part where they talked smack on Serpa detractors just to demo why we don't recommend it (on accident). Like I said in the OP I have some of Sweeney's stuff and think he's a knowledgeable guy. I've never understood the fan fare of such a cheap holster. I even have a Serpa. That's right, I was issued one, worked with it briefly, and threw it in my holster bin post haste. If other poorly designed products had this much support we'd still have New Coke and the Zune....

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I've decided to not buy another Serpa, from now on, I'm going wtih Blackhawk:clown:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I bought a Serpa too. I try not to get my ego involved in purchases. I recognized that the design was not safe, but it took me a while to swallow my pride and admit it. No Serpa for me, and none in classes I teach.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    I had a Serpa for awhile on my 1st tour in Iraq. The unit I was in (Recon Troop, 9th Cav, 1CD) issued them for the M9. Not a bad holster, with no problems that I heard of. That included 120 degree heat, frequent firefights, gun exposed (worn outside body armor), etc. Not the best holster, but it was OK. There were a few NDs from the REMFs, but those were all at the loading barrels by the messhall, with idiots not clearing pistols properly.
    Bob

Last edited:

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    As long as an individual is making an educated decision I'm good with it. If they're willing to sign an extra waiver to attend a SI class it's gtg too. If they're not willing to sign the extra waiver they'll have to train elsewhere. BTW, where safety is involved it's never a dead horse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    HEY! I liked my Zune! That thing was awesome! It's just a shame Microsoft had to run it. If google would have taken over the Zune, it'd still be a major contender.

Top Bottom