Texas SOT

Why do Marines roll their sleeves up the wrong way?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    Why don't they teach ya'll how to roll your sleeves up right?

Going to bed, flame away!!

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Sucks we cant roll them anymore.... Spent alot of time in the past making them look good.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/10/marines-will-no-longer-allow-rolled-up-sleeves/

Agreed, used to spend a lot of time working on them, they did away with it right before I got out. Not sure what you guys mean by "wrong way" pretty sure pushing your sleeves up and wearing your cammies out in town is "the wrong way", just looks tacky as hell to see a Soldier or Airman (or Sailor here) walking around in their bdu's, acu's, or whatever they're called now and days. Got nothing but love and respect for my brothers and sisters in the other branches but if you really wanna wear a uniform out in public put on one of the service uniforms, jmho.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    Ain't
    Ready for
    Marines
    Yet

:D
    Ouch! But good one.

Really now! You can't roll the sleeve anymore at all?

By wrong I mean, in the Army we also spent awhile getting them rolled, but the last fold was back over with the BDU Woodland/Chocolate chip, so you did not see the backside of the material.

All in all, I was just funnin', sorta

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Ouch! But good one.

Really now! You can't roll the sleeve anymore at all?

By wrong I mean, in the Army we also spent awhile getting them rolled, but the last fold was back over with the BDU Woodland/Chocolate chip, so you did not see the backside of the material.

All in all, I was just funnin', sorta

Good natured ribbing, I ain't butt hurt.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    Talk about ribbing man, at Fort Leonard Wood, MO., (AKA Fort Lost in the Woods, Missery) You have a mix of Army, Air Force and Marines in for engineering. Between the Army and Marines, those poor Airman never got to sleep in late.

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    The best slam I ever hear was from a retired Air Force dude.... He was 70 something years old and had been Army Air Corps.
    He had his "Retired Air Force" hat on, I told him I am a former Marine and we had a few hits back and forth.....
    He then rattles off....... "I tried to join the Marines but they wouldn't let me....because my Mom and Dad knew each other!"
    That was the best one I had ever heard. His wife then jabbed him in the ribs and told him not to tell that one anymore.....
    That was funny!

BrenGunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Kyle
    The best slam I ever hear was from a retired Air Force dude.... He was 70 something years old and had been Army Air Corps.
    He had his "Retired Air Force" hat on, I told him I am a former Marine and we had a few hits back and forth.....
    He then rattles off....... "I tried to join the Marines but they wouldn't let me....because my Mom and Dad knew each other!"
    That was the best one I had ever heard. His wife then jabbed him in the ribs and told him not to tell that one anymore.....
    That was funny!

Lol, Pretty good one.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Oh. We rolled them the right way.
    And you were always welcomed to stroll up to any of us and tell us how wrong we were.

Go ahead.
    Step a little closer.
    We're not gonna hurtcha...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    .because my Mom and Dad knew each other!"

I love that! My gut hurts from laughing!

I don't guess you know that the rivalry between Oklahoma and Texas is pretty strong. The best one I heard was:

"Texans? Hell if it wasn't for Mexican whores and Oklahoma cowboys, there wouldn't be any Texans!"

Just sayin............snicker

Flash

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Nah we won't we'll just show take them in the back for a demonstration

Just like I always used to say: "I'll even let you sucker punch me and then run like hell. ...I'll give you a 499 yard head start."
    misc-emoticon-0028.gif

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    View attachment 15187 Marine

The difference is that in the Army we make sure that the out side of the sleeve is showing not the inside.

It was a long time ago, but III Corps used to roll 'em up the same as the Marines. General Ulmer (Corps Commander) supposedly said that his troops had better things to do than spend 10 minutes folding their sleeves.

IIRC, we changed Corps Cdrs and went back to the standard folding drill.

Jeff B.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom