• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • keith_tx

Bit and Byte Wrangler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    League City
    When we first moved to Texas a few months back, I got calls from ADT 'reps' day and night for 2 weeks until I got Comcast to put an end to it, which was no small feat. The calls literally started at 8am, even on Saturdays, and by 10am I'd have had at least 4-6 marketing / sales calls. I had gotten my home number just a day or so before the calls started, so it wasn't like I signed up to some 'please harass me day and night' list. Comcast sells your new customer info, which is another story (and I verified this with Comcast even though 1st level support denied it to the hilt).

I refuse to use them just for that reason itself. They suck.
    ARJ Defense ad

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Hello every one,According to my personal view the all companies are good but we all looking for the best company for our home and business security,I think such company is called a best company which could meets your all requirements and satisfy your with her services.so best of luck and choice a best company for feel secure.so thanks

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

makeitcount

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    fort worth
    I use to travel extensively and used ADT. They were pretty good. Contacted me anywhere in north america I was at.
    Just dont forget your passwords. The neighbors will end up hating you or pulling the wires. Other than my XDM is an excellent choice.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I am in security sales and there are many different companies out there. ADT is awful, and stay away from Vivint or the cable provider's systems. Stay away from no name dealers if you can. They are a nightmare if you have issues. Biggest things to check for are who monitors the system (it is not always who installed the system)) and what type of system they install. Try to go with Honeywell systems. I'm more than willing to help you out :-$ but will be honest as well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I have been in the industry, and while Honeywell is fine, there are plenty of others that are just as fine. ADT does a great job. They are on the high end on fees, but are professional, prompt and attentive.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sorry TI....I've had ADT on 3 different residences - for the price they charged me (and always found an excuse to charge for something else), they could've at least worn lipstick!! ADT will never, E V E R be allowed within our doorway again.

Dzscubie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    El Paso, Texas
    Out here in West Texas we have a couple of local alarm services and of course ADT. We went with NorthStar because of a few extras they provided. I keep a couple of my gun safes in the garage so I wanted the garage door to be alarmed (normally they just alarm the door from the garage to the house). I also like that their system is self-contained and cutting the power or phone line will not interrupt the alarm system. If there is a power loss they contact you to let you know the power is out and your battery backup is being used, it’s good for 48 hours I believe. I also have the monitored smoke detectors so if one goes off you don’t have to wait for someone to hear the alarm or see the smoke they call me just like if the alarm went off. At $50 a month it’s a little expensive but to me well worth it. We have had them for about ten years and are very satisfied.

KingRichard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Spring, TX
    My experience is, there are a several large monitoring companies, and they handle most of the calls from the smaller alarm companies.
    ADT and any other major alarm company, probably has their own call center.
    My ex-neighbor got licensed in California to do alarm systems (he is a home automation installer), and he just had one of the large companies monitor the system at $12/month.

I used to have Brinks, and I loved them.. then ADT bought them.. I never really liked ADT, but moved to Texas and signed up with ADT. They couldnt get the installation right on 3 visits. Always record any conversation you have with these crooks. I will never recommend ADT to anyone. When my contract expires, I will switch to Central Security Group...
    In the end... I believe you will get the call from the same super-monitoring center, no matter who your installer is. It all depends on the devices and service of the devices you need/get. I can't imagine much service being needed of these devices.

I am looking to have my alarm included/controlled by my Control4 system.

jadevan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    United States
    Re: Who's the best home alarm company/Sytem?

Many of ADT’s customers choose them as their home security provider simply because of the solid history and longevity of ADT the company and brand. Serving 8.3 million customers in the United States, ADT operates 6 regional monitoring stations that handle as many as 93,000 alarm notifications daily. ADT’s product line is broken into 2 separate security systems categories – 1. The traditional home security systems with limited add ons that offers the most basic protections and 2. The ADT Pulse product line, which has the modern features and upgrades such as home automation and remote access of systems controls and devices. Most customers that are looking to get a home security system for the first time are directed toward the ADT security system as it is the most competitive with the technologically advanced system offered by their competitors.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    With all due respect - many of ADT's customers got tired of the constant price increases, ongoing fees for about everything, and the attitude of some of their employees, and canned 'em.
    There's simply no way that I'd ever consider allowing ADT to be a part of my home again - ask any of their sales reps that have knocked on my door!<G>

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    These guys are across the parking lot from where I work. I've watched them grow over the past few years into a very respectable growing company.
    I had them activate my alarm system last week and was very impressed. I don't think you can beat the price and headquartered in North Austin. 14.95 a month and no contract.
    I recommend these guys.

Dyezz Surveillance ™ - Video surveillance security systems and Equipment

Top Bottom