• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dreamliner787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Houston
    Who's the best home alarm company/Sytem?

I've been a customers with Brinks for a very long time, but since the merge with ADT it seems that they're service levels are not what they were before. So looking for updating/upgrading the alarm system. I've seen a lot of commercials for Xfinity and not so many from others. Any feedback on which company has the best in quality and service?
    Texas SOT

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Same here. Brinks customer for the last 9 years. Now it's ADT. I did a test on my system the other day and their response was almost immediate.

If someone has a better solution, I'm all ears though.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    We've used SA Security for about 8 years now....excellent response times, and very fair pricing, IMO...about $27/mo currently. It's gone up about $4/mo from where we started, so that's pretty decent in my experience.

ADT or Brinks both used to jump us 2-5% every year or so.

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    New to the website, but couldn't help but to brag about my home security system and personnel. CSG - Central Security Group. Central Security Group We have our home automation and home security set up through them. In fact, last Monday, my alarm was set off and I was alerted instantly via the smart phone app Total Connect 2.0 .. likewise, a few seconds later, CSG called me and notified me that police had been dispatched and are in route. They showed up at my house in less than 3 minutes. This is what lead me to sign up for my CHL and make my first modern firearm purchase today, which in turn is why I joined the forum.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I've got Omni. They are über easy to work with.

Had an alarm trip. Called me first to verify. I told them who I was and my password. Told me TY, hung up, and immediately called my wife. I had gotten the password wrong.
    Thought that was pretty damn cool.

Tapatalk sent it.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I have ADTs wireless system, only problem i have is the system only came with the pad, 2 sensors and a motion sensor. All the extra sensors are $40 each. I have a FOB on my keychain, like the ones for cars, to arm and disarm and a panic button.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Having a system that goes off and makes a lot of noise when breached is the most important thing. It's nice to have them monitored, but the right amount of noise will run off the vast majority of intruders on the spot. Mine is monitored but I also have several seriously loud indoor and outdoor sirens. A theif is going to have to have some serious balls to hang out with it going off.

Not foolproof, but a lot better than nothing!

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Having a system that goes off and makes a lot of noise when breached is the most important thing. It's nice to have them monitored, but the right amount of noise will run off the vast majority of intruders on the spot. Mine is monitored but I also have several seriously loud indoor and outdoor sirens. A theif is going to have to have some serious balls to hang out with it going off.

Not foolproof, but a lot better than nothing!

The one time mine went off it made me nauseous and my wife claimed she couldnt think straight.

We have 2 sirens, one in the garage and one behind the keypad.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I am in security sales and there are many different companies out there. ADT is awful, and stay away from Vivint or the cable provider's systems. Stay away from no name dealers if you can. They are a nightmare if you have issues. Biggest things to check for are who monitors the system (it is not always who installed the system)) and what type of system they install. Try to go with Honeywell systems. I'm more than willing to help you out :-$ but will be honest as well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i have ADT - but i'm not crazy about them - their price goes up at least once a year it seems

i need to find another provider

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    I am in security sales and there are many different companies out there. ADT is awful, and stay away from Vivint or the cable provider's systems. Stay away from no name dealers if you can. They are a nightmare if you have issues. Biggest things to check for are who monitors the system (it is not always who installed the system)) and what type of system they install. Try to go with Honeywell systems. I'm more than willing to help you out :-$ but will be honest as well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I have honeywell systems paired with Mi Casa Verde and Vera3.. works amazingly

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Vivint is pushing really hard in my neighborhood. I'm just really leery based on the online reviews I've read. I need something but I live in an unincorporated area so I'm not real sure it would make a big difference.

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    Vivint is pushing really hard in my neighborhood. I'm just really leery based on the online reviews I've read. I need something but I live in an unincorporated area so I'm not real sure it would make a big difference.

im tellin ya, check out central security group paired with honeywell, total connect, Vera3 (mi casa verde) its sooo amazing. its home security and automation all rolled up into a perfect combination of ease access and security features. view live stream security cams from your smart phone, control lights from anywhere in the world inside your house (good for vacation) so you can turn your lights on and off while away to give the appearance of someone being home, even start the coffee maker from bed in the morning! lol.

Top Bottom