Always.
    DK Firearms

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I live in a conservative town, never had my U.S. flag f***ed with. In my neighborhood, a couple of guys still wear their MAGA hats, pretty much all of the lawn signs for the last election were for conservative R candidates, and two homes fly the flag daily. Still meaning to get a Texas flag to fly on Independence Day and San Jacinto Day.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Our neighbor across the street felt sorry for our little flag and gave us a BIG one. Flags are a year round thing in our neighborhood.

I used to not care that much about flags, one way or another.

But, after the last few years . . . . I don't plan on ever taking it down.
    I used to be the same way, until I received an American flag as a service award (civilian) from the Navy. I ended up building a flag pole that I had on my property and I rarely took it down (had lights on it at night). I left it when I gave the property to my daughter. I had a small flag for my small trailer, but when I got a much larger trailer, I felt I needed a bigger one and for my love of Texas, a Texas flag of course.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I don't bother any more flying the flag or putting up campaign posters because it has just become an invitation to vandalism and confrontation with morons.

I think Texas should pass a law that allows you to shoot people who come on your property to vandalize or desecrate the flag. Maybe that would be a deterrent.

With all due respect, would you get rid of your car, or stop parking them near your residence if it ket getting vandalized? Truthful answer, probably NOT. You'd deal with it and make a police report and perhaps even put up cameras.

I just think that's a really goofy "reason" not to wave our stars and stripes.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    The Corps calls them holes Fighting Holes.
    We called 'em a lot of things...and all I ever fought while in one was those sand fleas...thanks for your more personal and dangerous experience, and welcome home, Brother.

mavs

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2021
    Texas
    With all due respect, would you get rid of your car, or stop parking them near your residence if it ket getting vandalized? Truthful answer, probably NOT. You'd deal with it and make a police report and perhaps even put up cameras.

I just think that's a really goofy "reason" not to wave our stars and stripes.
    I'm sorry but that's why I keep my car in the garage and don't create any an attractive nuisance, that way I don't have to deal with it and I don't have to make any police reports.

Police have much more important things to deal with.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A real American would fly their flag and thumb their nose at the vandals.

But that's probably a gamble that @mavs doesn't, or won't make!

I'm curious on a couple of points Mavs. Where do you live that vandals are so bad with your flags? And how many flags have you had vandalized that you feel this is an issue?

Last edited:

mavs

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2021
    Texas
    Well I know lots of real Americans and Patriots that won't be flying a flag. And I will not be flying one either.

I guess if that's how you think it proves you are an American, then go right ahead.

Top Bottom