Whiskey, Bourbon drinkers....leave the Scotch out of it. ;)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    <>

The Scotsman’s point was that there is no “really good Scotch’’ better than McAllen-12 & that any more expensive Scotch was a scam.

“Blends’’ are also a scam according to him; they only drink single malts. Chevis Regal is half irish whisky.

History tells that before WWII, Irish Whisky was very popular worldwide; but the IRISH refused to enter the
    War with the Allies, so Allied nations all switched to Scotch & Scotch remained the preferred whiskey post-War.

Also, my variable spellings of ‘’whisky’’ & ‘whiskey’’ above are correct. In Ireland, it is ;’WHISKY’’, sans an ‘’E’’.

I am no expert in this, but am repeating what an ‘’expert’’ told us decades back.

leVieux

<>
    I do like Macallan 12 and frequently have it on the shelf, but I think to call it the best is a matter of opinion. I’m not a scotch expert but my go to is usually Oban 14 which isn’t much more expensive than the Macallan. People do absolutely pay a lot of money for lower quality whiskey though, which I don’t understand.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I do like Macallan 12 and frequently have it on the shelf, but I think to call it the best is a matter of opinion. I’m not a scotch expert but my go to is usually Oban 14 which isn’t much more expensive than the Macallan. People do absolutely pay a lot of money for lower quality whiskey though, which I don’t understand.
    Macallan is a good Single Malt, but to me is way overpriced. I find that 12 year Highland Park is just as good for considerably less money.
    My favorite though is Lagavulin. It is just as pricey as Macallan, but I love the smokey flavor.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Macallan is a good Single Malt, but to me is way overpriced. I find that 12 year Highland Park is just as good for considerably less money.
    My favorite though is Lagavulin. It is just as pricey as Macallan, but I love the smokey flavor.
    I’ll keep a look out for that. Thanks!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    This very true in the Bourbon world as well.

Don’t even get me started. I’ve evolved to chasing the flavor and not the distillery, so I spend a lot of time understanding what I’m looking for in a flavor profile before I buy a bottle. Even when I’m intentionally doing tastings.

Even so, a lot of hype has so infected both Scotch and Bourbon primary and secondary markets that prices are more elevated than they should be (and have been for Scotch since the late-90s and Bourbon for the last 15 years or so).

Alas…

Top Bottom