• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adaboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Lubbock
    Stopped by Wal-Mart off Marsha sharp freeway here in Lubbock after work this morning for a few items. I slid by the ammo counter three guys were waiting around talking. They let me know there was ammo coming out . One guy had to leave as he had a Dr.'s appointment. Dang all they had were two cases of the thousand round M22 and the first two guys in line took one a piece. I was still able to walk away with 3 boxes of Winchester 333 HP for $48, pretty much a thousand rounds. I only wish I could have gotten some of that Winchester M22 have never shot it before. You know what was cool is the first guy could have taken both boxes of the M22, but he left one for the next person!!!

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I picked up 4 boxes at Riflegear in Plano today. They would have sold me more but he stated they have it regularly so a few boxes a week is my plan. :green: They had 50 boxes of CCI mini mags too.

image_zpsecb34b0a.jpg

adaboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Lubbock
    Cabelas had 500 rnds Remington Golden bullets HV $48 only allowed to purchase one brick. Gander mountin had 100rnds CCI green tip for $18 pick up two as I have never shot any. Academy stocked about 30 100rnd packs of Remington Golden bullets HV picked up two per policy all here in Lubbock.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    S I only wish I could have gotten some of that Winchester M22 have never shot it before. You know what was cool is the first guy could have taken both boxes of the M22, but he left one for the next person!!!

My Ruger loves that stuff. Most accurate of all the various 22 I've shot through it over the years. Can't find it anywhere. Academy had some, but it sells before I can get to it.

The CCI AR Tactical stuff is a close second.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Gander mountain in beaumont had quite a few boxes of some kind of Remington/eley match ammo the other day but at $30/50 rounds, I had to pass!!!

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Sportsman's Guide just threw up some .6 cent bulk 22. Free shipping code available as well.

Gun Deals Posted Today | Slickguns
    If its the Remington thunderbolt ammo you are talking about, I wouldn't pay 3 cents a round for it!!!!! I bought 2 boxes at Walmart a few months ago. It was by far the absolute worst ammo I have ever encountered!!! At 25 yards, it had a vertical spread of about 6" out of a bolt action savage bbl! Not to mention having to spend almost 2 hrs trying to clean the lead and powder fouling out of the gun!

Same gun, same distance, aguila ammo:

57fbdceb9a47344d254a53bbee1ce555.jpg

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    If its the Remington thunderbolt ammo you are talking about, I wouldn't pay 3 cents a round for it!!!!! I bought 2 boxes at Walmart a few months ago. It was by far the absolute worst ammo I have ever encountered!!! At 25 yards, it had a vertical spread of about 6" out of a bolt action savage bbl! Not to mention having to spend almost 2 hrs trying to clean the lead and powder fouling out of the gun!

Same gun, same distance, aguila ammo:

Well honestly, I don't take shooting 22 all that serious, just thought based on the title of the thread "Where to buy 22..." my post would be germane and helpful to some who might feel the same way.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Well honestly, I don't take shooting 22 all that serious, just thought based on the title of the thread "Where to buy 22..." my post would be germane and helpful to some who might feel the same way.
    I agree but after that range session, I wanted to warn anyone who was thinking of ordering that what they were getting into beforehand. Some things are best left on the shelf no matter the price!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Some things are best left on the shelf no matter the price!
    I'll note one exception to that.

While I have no use for inaccurate .22 ammo, if you can find a source of ammo that reliably fails to fire about ten or twenty percent of the time you'll actually have something useful.

The standard way of helping people accept that they have a flinch is to have someone else load their firearm for them. With a high percentage of duds, it's possible to do anti-flinch training even without a training partner.

I bought a case of surplus, (apparently) poorly stored ammo. 20% are duds. At first, I was pissed and, with full disclosure, gave a bunch of it away. Then I came to appreciate it as a training aid. Now I consider it some of my most valuable ammo.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Academy and Walmart have them in stock most of the time. And about $6 cheaper! I picked up a box the other day for $17.99

Top Bottom