• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    its funny how people you know drop hints about going hunting but when you mention you are going to be doing some work like clearing brush or setting up blinds, they all have something else to do like a dentist appointment or a funeral to go to.

If someone shows just a little interest in helping out I can make sure they get some time in the blind during the season, it;s just I have been hit up no less than 3 times this week by people to hunt.
    When I mentioned I'd be setting up blinds and doing some lane clearing, they were all busy:rolleyes:
    ARJ Defense ad

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    its funny how people you know drop hints about going hunting but when you mention you are going to be doing some work like clearing brush or setting up blinds, they all have something else to do like a dentist appointment or a funeral to go to.

If someone shows just a little interest in helping out I can make sure they get some time in the blind during the season, it;s just I have been hit up no less than 3 times this week by people to hunt.
    When I mentioned I'd be setting up blinds and doing some lane clearing, they were all busy:rolleyes:
    Where you at?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Interesting, I've been looking at land up that way. That sounds like it's just north of Brownwood.

There is some great land just east of Abilene but every Ft Worth lawyer has bought it up already

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Hey VMax, PM me with your location. I'm in Parker County and, depending on what you're needing, I have a 30 HP CUT with an FEL and box blade.

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    That's why I own property in Arizona...no offers or inquiries whatsoever from anyone who knows I have it.

I did just find a nice hunting/shooting/camping place an hour NW of Leander. If it stays on the market for another 6 months, I might try to buy it.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    That's why I own property in Arizona...no offers or inquiries whatsoever from anyone who knows I have it.

I did just find a nice hunting/shooting/camping place an hour NW of Leander. If it stays on the market for another 6 months, I might try to buy it.
    Sounds like it isn't too far from me.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Vmax.
    Holler if you need help.
    I don't ask anything in return.
    Weather is getting ripe for working.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'm actively looking at land. Probably 3 years out from buying, I'd guess (kiddo has 2.5 more years in college).

Having never participated in a paid hunting lease, if I did decide to lease a purchase out to help cover costs, what's a year-round or seasonal lease going for, per-hunter/per-gun? Assume primarily deer, maybe hog, maybe dove/quail/duck (but not the primary use).

Is cost per-acre? Significant difference in 20, 50 and 100 acres, or does it take "big, huge, place" to make a difference?

I'll do some research online but would love to hear from folks here.

Top Bottom